Finally got my license... How should I kit out the 0.22 and 12 gauge?

Nice trick, I’ll have to remember that one.
Won’t bother today the local station is shut!

1 Like

So will the cops reading this forum :rofl:

I’ve gone in to Police licensing in Cannington for a copy of my license to pick up my CZ before. Nothing they can do about it. Perfectly normal.

Ahhh but the trick is not to say it is to pick up a new gun.
You tell them that you are going to the range and need it for proof that you are licensed for the firearms that you are carrying.

I have collected my last 4 this way, beats waiting for them to post the letter through.

1 Like

I like the way you roll mate… :blush::+1:

1 Like

Home sweet home. More pics later.

Have to say I was pretty shocked at the price of 357mag. 50 / $60 ?

Reloading may have to advance up the schedule.

5 Likes

Yeah, 357 is oddly expensive to buy, compared to circa 28 cents per loaded round, excluding brass.

oh and that’s a very sexy photo, but you might want to put a bit of carpet or gaffer tape over those bolts, to avoid scratching the gunsies…

Congratulations, very nice so new it still has the tag on.
I can see some space in there for a few more.

Reloading will reduce your costs down alot but remember that you still have the start up costs so it takes awhile to recover costs but it’s worth it in the long run.
It is also very therapeutic and satisfying.

For the pig shooting we do more shots the better, nothing worse than fumbling around in the dark on the back of a moving vehicle trying to reload.

Looks like you need a bigger safe.

1 Like

Yeah they didn’t licensed it for 38sp either…

Definately room in the cabinet for another safe or two especially for ammo and reloading gear. Apparently the guy selling the 686 wants to offload his reloading gear so that might be the way to go.
Will start by saving cartridges.
Maybe in lockable drawers underneath.
We will see.

Now that would have been fun to hold up there and bolt it in. Did you have to send them photos of your safe mounted?

Yep.

Trolley jack and some lumps of timber

Was a bit hairy

They seem happy with it

Where’s the second side secured?

Not that i have an issue with what you did but just shows that the cops use those stat decs as a “i don’t care because it was up to the license holder to ensure compliance” clause if anything goes bad. I was suspecting the same as i have never had a safe inspection.

1 Like

There is a brick ledge so it’s secured into brick and concrete on two surfaces (rear and bottom)

I can throw another two into the bricks on the left side (through the cabinet) if you are concerned.

All good, The pic got me.

I was actually more concerned with the cops, just take a picture of your 40mm washer and you’re good but if anyone steals your guns it is your fault kinda deal. They just piss me off.

1 Like

Put 50 magnum rounds through each of these last Wednesday

No regrets! Absolutely loved it. Couldn’t see where I was shooting without a scope so I shot the rifle a bit low and the 686 was definitely a handful but both are exponentially more fun than 22LR

Old mate is away on a trip so between that and the licensing I won’t get my hands on the 686 until June I guess

4 Likes

Very nice, I like the presentation box the 686 is in.
Are the speed loaders included, if so you got a good deal.

1 Like