What I did in guns this week.

Same old same old.

1 Like

IMG-20200823-WA0008
We’re all addicted to the souvla. Today was Jims turn and he did some fancy herby lemon bullshit. It was okay, but you cant beat Greek oregano, garlic and salt.

4 Likes

Your life sucks mate, I feel sorry for you! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

This week in guns I printed some labels to catalogue my brass… Exciting shit. I had meat delivered (super excited), from a farm that I go to, but this time it came to me. I acquired a couple of guns from bentaz (no more guns for a while!). I also (probably for the last week or so) been cooking meat on a BBQ for dinner, way better than stove. Guess there are benefit of working from home. Today - steaks. That’s about it, this lockdown is beginning to really shit me. Just want to go hunting.

1 Like

Geezs you bloke do it tough in the NT

I was going to go out with sympathy for our Victorian brothers who can’t go out shooting but that thought lasted about 30 seconds and went to the range for some rapid fire action.
Started the final finish on my Remington, see here…Refinishing stocks: stock wax options and DIY stock wax
Ordered some bits and pieces, brass etc online and that’s about it.

The weather in Victoria I think was the barrier to going out much this weekend. Its been really cold a fair bit of wind and wet from pissing down to just wet air the type that tend to make you really wet quite quickly without really noticing it. A thick wet mist to actual drizzle when not pissing down.

You should get one of this 22s for plinking, @1Fatman

Oh hold on, you’re in WA, never mind.

Yeah, you shove your solidarity lol

…goes back to crying about home detention.

3 Likes

Gave the creed a good scrub, stripped it right down including the bolt. Tried to get a good photo of the barreled action but no luck

Fitted the thermal to my savage 22. Filled the last of the three profiles, A 243, B 223 and now C 22

The CCI quiets are so slow you can watch them in flight with the thermal. White dot near reticle

6 Likes

Been stripping and refurbishing my pops old anschutz 1402. Proving to be quite an accurate rifle considering the shit state it was in. It even had cob webs in the action! I was likely the last person to shoot it,around 24 years ago. First groups were shot with open sights at 25m,second groups were with a 4x40 Japanese mark scope from 40m. Will eventually start stretching it out but as far as I’m concerned shes fine to go shooting now

1 Like

Very cool @Bigpete Cool looking rifle to. Are you going to fully refurb it?

I’m unsure how far I want to go with it. In a way I’d like to go the whole hog,but in another way I kinda like the fact it looks shit but shoots great. I’ll at very least look at oiling the stock

Would be a great project mate if that’s the way you decide to go. Either way, good that it’s a shooter. Enjoy mate.

You lot should of seen the crap in the action and barrel lol :nauseated_face:

Also finally got my optisan eve2.5-10×50pi scope fitted to my 22/250,and have been using it in conjunction with my pard nv007 the last 2 nights to take 5 rabbits,2 hares,and a long tailed crop eater under permit. Even my old man,an ex pro fox shooter,is impressed by it.

3 Likes

Natural patina is good…provides character…I reblued my grandfather’s Lithgow M12 22lr, kind of regret it…but I still have it, that’s the main thing!

Can you see the bullet impact through the scope, with the 22-250? Good shooting!!

No i can’t tbh

1 Like

The 250 has a fair muzzle blast I guess. Minimal recoil though…

Nothing too exciting this week. Processed a few hundred cases, damaged a few as per previous post, then sonic cleaned and tumbled in corn cob for a few hours. Most unnecessary I know but they are all nice and shiny now. Also vac sealed them in batches for longer term storage. All in order now.