These will keep me busy too i think!

3 Likes

Love ‘em mate. :cherries::eggplant::sweat_drops:

1 Like

Not Sunday but new gun day.

Found a red dot to get started with in the cupboard too

7 Likes

Mate, excellent choice.

Well after a month of not doing much in the way of shooting activities, I picked up the ol 22 and put my range bag which hadn’t been moved or unlocked from when I last took it out of the car a month ago, back in the car and headed out to JS Practical 22 comp.

Under a nice sunny sky despite being a little cold there were about 10 other enthusiasts there to test their skill.

I got off to a pretty good start, having had the advantage of watching everyone shoot first I think I cleared the first two stages without loosing any points. Time got the better of me on the third stage on the swinging beam rest. Then it was down to the last stage of off hand shooting and the last target the Know your Limits with the smallest of the gongs getting the best of me.

It was a great day of shooting with a great bunch of folks in a really nice Club and range facility.
Well done @juststarting for getting this off the ground and taking it to the people.

5 Likes

Split this out in to it’s own thread, it matured enough I think.
Fun 22 comps: PRS/IPSC Mini Rifle - Shooting Sports - Oz Gun Lobby

1 Like

Not sunday, but progressed further with the beast!!

4 Likes

Best part of my collection without doubt!

Gotta get back on the beast, got some patterns for duplication at the Bendigo show today!!

1 Like

Well, it’s not a sunday, but close. Had a good 6 hour session on 22s because I could. Perfect weather for it. A mix of new and old guns, mix of lever release, lever actions and even a bolt action! Some groups, some gongs. Some bench, some offhand. Mmmm wonderful.

Kept empty boxes, just out of curiosity to track ammo burning qualities of having enough magazines to load a couple of boxes of ammo at once. Yeah… A bit.

3 Likes

Shot 3P rimfire this morning and listened to the latest AB podcast about air rifles on the way home. Decided to get mine out to play with and realised a bow is probably a better thing to spend more time on.

3 Likes

I hope it was not 6 hours straight of solid shooting. Too much in one session will just make you sore and tired rather than improving through practice.

I did get out the A22 to have a plink today in response shot 2 mags worth and decided it was not as good as the bolt gun but it had a bit to do with the scope I think. Good Bushnell Vs 1980’s Simmons.

Did a couple of quick pistol shoots just for the paperwork, bought a new spotting scope & a different folding stock adaptor for the PC Charger. Also I’ve found a new love for the charger as the most funnerest plinker.

1 Like

A22 is on the punishment safe at home! Not even scoped!

It was probably a 5 hour session with a few stoppages :slight_smile: I was sighting a couple of rifles, and then just rain lead on gongs.

Wasn’t really there to improve, just pew :slight_smile:

1 Like

What 218 bee rifle is that?

Its a Ruger Number 1.

1 Like

Nice! I bet that shoots accurately!

1 Like

Omfg, my bucket list gun.

3 Likes

Yep it sure does. A few foxes would testify to that !

1 Like