What I did in guns this week.

That sounds mildly ticklish and sexy.

Shot the Swede M96 in Service rifle match, and my new old Anschutz 22 which is really going to be a tack driver, once i scope it! 50m open sights groups below…

Jeff didnt show up with Martinis, Greener and BSA, though grrr…
Fun day, just the same…

3 Likes

That Hills Hoist makes a pretty good irrigator by the looks of it! :nerd_face::+1:

3 more weeks and I get my Sundays back!

THIS!!!

Wtf this disease is spreading to Darwin! Monsoonal rains and you are dumping your roof catch into your neighbours yard? F&#$^@ing developers and F&#$%ing councillors!!!

Yeah, that’s a startling contrast eh?

The neighbours over stocked that block during the drought, poor old wooly maggots ate everything right down to the dirt, even the thistles and blackberries. It was fallow for nearly 20ys beforehand and has been sprayed once in that time.

This side gets super, gypsum and my least favourite topping, turkey shit. It also gets long rests from the girls.

Dynamic lifter smells ambrosial compared to turkey’s turds but they do a good job.

Went to the Sydney Knife Show, awesome show. Spent too much on stocking up with supplies, drooled over some of the top makers knives, spoke with a bunch of them and learned heaps. Caught up with a couple of mates and made a few new ones. Certainly a worthwhile trip. (Have I mentioned before that I hate cities?)

Spent Saturday night at a mates place on our way home to catch up and also pick up the .222 that I bought from @Cumagutsa on my way home. (he’s also my gun dealer) He had a bunch of factory .222 ammo that was handed in to him during the amnesty that he “donated”. My young bloke was pretty pleased with it when we got home. No “g’day, how was your weekend?” just " did you get my rifle?"

4 Likes

Not Sunday yet but what the hell.

Put my new Athlon scope on my Lithgow today, I’m very impressed. Like a half open pocket knife type impressed.

I opted for the BDC reticle, marked for .22lr hv.
With a 50m zero it’s marked for 75, 100, 150 and 200m.

I only tried out to 150 but it’s spot on.

Glass is crystal clear right to the edge, low profile resettable zero turrets with good strong, audible clicks, all for $280 :hugs:

Just finished testing and Hughie got all biblical so furry murdering will have to wait.

1 Like

Bit damp today.

If that’s what you call a tac driver, I’d rather a Howa in a Tupperware stock :slight_smile:

Behold!

With the cheapest ammo known to men, The HV Thunderbolts at 50m with coarse as fuck open sights on a Toz 8.

I’ll take a modern rifle over geriatric Anshitz any day with those results :rofl:

…also went for a little pew with my 22s. It’s never little lol. @Supaduke rocked up a few hours later. Was a fun day. Had some fun shooting groups. Got to test drive @Supaduke’s CZ Mtr - that’s a freaking laser beam. You know it’s a laser beam when you get tired of shooting groups and try to shoot the wire the gongs are hanging on. What else… Unload on a bunch of gongs with peep sights and LPVOs. I had a pretty hectic week, I needed this. And we polished of what was left of my 12ga slab :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pfft…Toz 8 has the boldest, and best open sights for poor eyes ever! Your plastic Howa will never shoot groups like a 50 yo Anschutz, when it has its 50th birthday.

Over time, yes, the quality will diminish, and eventually it’ll start shooting poorly like ashitz :slight_smile: Also, I don’t actually own one, but if I did… :slight_smile:

Nah, I’ve undersold the sights for sure, I do like them a lot.

See my Greener…you love it! Don’t you!

1 Like

Fuck you. I do love it.

1 Like

Got the 310 just because…one can never have to much Martini in there life!

2 is enough for me.

These will keep me busy too i think!

3 Likes

Love ‘em mate. :cherries::eggplant::sweat_drops:

1 Like

Not Sunday but new gun day.

Found a red dot to get started with in the cupboard too

7 Likes