CZ 515 lever release 22LR (reviews)

Ahh cool, maybe i’ll end up with one once they get some more in, the ones i was playing with were both already sold. I did actually ask the question about it being ambi & was told no, but the bloke i was talking with is reasonably new and a farking know it all who is actually clueless about everything except how to be an annoying cock.

1 Like

Yeah, just had a look on Winchester (Winchester | CZ 515 22LR Tactical TB 10rnd Mag) site…

The lever release is ergonomically designed and can be transferred to the left hand side of the firearm to accommodate left handed shooters.

2 Likes

Got my red tactical letter too today… W00T!

3 Likes

My CZ 515 and my Muela bowie arrived the same day. This thing is a real shooter I’m over the moon with it

8 Likes

I have to admit, the timber ones have grown on me a little bit.

I definitely want to see and hold both before deciding if I want one or not.

The Tactical felt good, surprisingly large rifle. I don’t think this is the rifle you want if you seek the tiniest of groups. But as far as a plinker or field rifle, I think it will be awesome.

I’m very surprised with the accuracy, I’m still yet to do some testing with different ammo. I shot 12 groups of 10 shots @50 yards with CCI bulk blaser ammo and averaged .785 over all the group’s shot. it was a shitty day weather wise and red dots are less than desirable for shooting groups. If we have a nice day over the weekend I’ll scope the rifle and test some different ammo and post my results. From what I have seen so far it will definitely be a capable rifle for the action type.

5 Likes

I can’t help but think that there is a little bit of a mental race going on between @Supaduke and I. Both within ‘pickup distance’, both have guns in the same shop, both have guns ready for pickup when shops re-open to human traffic… Who is going to get it first?! Just so it’s clear, I am going to win.

I can be seriously competitive.

giphy

By the time I can pick it up, will be eligible for handicap parking for my Zimmer frame.

4 Likes

By the time you guys can pick yours up they will probably be old enough that I want one too! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Got mine today… Desktop review

Unboxing… Nothing to write home about.

An over sized box (but packaged very well and secure), a manual, 2 Allen keys and the rifle. That’s it. Sorry, @Supaduke - no stickers, no spam, no trigger locks (surprisingly).

Comes with a single 10 round magazine.

Overall, very sexy if tactical plinker is your thing. The rifle is a mix of aluminium and polymer. I noticed some imperfection on the butt, near the adjustment lever, very tiny, at this stage I am nitpicking…

…and I slapped a Vortex red dot I previously had on Adler. I decided to keep high rail and raised the cheek rest.

In summary, everything feels solid, lite and quality. It’s a world apart from Savage. I picked it up and I just didn’t want to put it down, that’s how good it felt.

I think the mix of aluminium and polymer suits the tac look, but I have a feeling it wouldn’t feel right with wood, plus I didn’t like the wood look. I was having second thoughts about wood vs tac - I am really happy I picked this one. Of course, a very subjective thing, someone else might like wood a lot more… I like this more. Again, worlds apart from Savage A22R (no, I am not selling my A22R!).

Lever release and trigger position:

Perfect position!

Which segways into feel. Points well. Feels very comfortable and lite. The trigger, out of the box - I think is excellent. However, the lever release feels a bit spongy and has a lot of travel (sort of like a really shitty striker fire trigger). I have a suspicion that it could be tightened up or shimmed maybe, for a crisper break, but I am optimising without testing, so ignore that for now.

Conclusion: I fucking love this thing. It feels quality. It looks quality. It makes my special parts tingle and I am going to shoot the shit out of it this week :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Good write up but you may want to rewrite this bit lol.

No thank you :smiley:

Oh, a couple of other things I forgot about:

Magazine - single stack, plastic. Feels like like it should have came with 2. I’ll see how it feels when I shoot it, but I have a feeling I will end up ordering one or two. Either to plink more or to avoid it breaking. I am not used such small plastic magazines, so I don’t know if it’s good or flimsy or whatever. Neither good nor bad, I am just no used to such mags, will make my mind up later, but it was enough for me to notice.

Also, noticed this thing inside the forend.

Machined block that hugs the bottom of the barrel and fixed to the bottom-inside of the forend. I would have expected the barrel to be floating, so I am not sure why it’s there or what it’s for. I will need to look at the manual. Bit odd. But it’ there, so thought I’d share that too.

Looks great - are we allowed to collect guns now?

Is that block removable?

It’s where the wooden forend bolts on. Tac uses same barrel. I was surprised too. Maybe it’ stabilises the barrel, being a bit thin.