CZ 515 lever release 22LR (reviews)

Same riffle only in 22wmr

1 Like

If anyone really wants to buy one of these but can’t afford the safe space, I’m open to rifle donations! :rofl::face_with_monocle::+1:

1 Like

Whats everyone using for transporting their 515? Soft/hard cases etc?

I put a fat 3-9x50 scope with high rings on mine and i’m having a hard time fitting it in a bag that isn’t 50 inches long…

Allen’s make good gun bags with plenty of room for scopes. There are bags specifically for guns with scopes that are much wider. Hard cases are cool for that one special gun. They are however bulky, a pain to store in vehicles if short on room, a pain to store when not being used.
They don’t impress anybody.

Anyone happen to get their hands on the new version? Keen to get a pic of the lower to see what they’ve changed with the new lever. It looks shorter and a bit more cumbersome now :frowning:

1 Like

9 posts were split to a new topic: Norinco JW-21 (Winchester 94/22 clone) discussion

I’ll take some pics when I can.

2 Likes

@anon73442478 here you go.

I found the updated lever on the American to be better.

how so? its shorter which i think makes it harder to use. i handled one briefly in a store and wasn’t impressed. maybe i just have small hands.

any pics inside? keen to understand how it works since unlike the original one, the bolt locking back wont make the lever lift up. am curious.

If you pay attention to the position of the lever on the American (new), you’ll notice that it is vertically in the same position as the Tactical version. It’s shorter, but it was moved back to have the same vertical alignment above the trigger. As for small hands, the lever sits lower which should be a lot easier. And purely from leverage, you get a lot better feedback on the shorter lever. Overall, it’s noticeable liter than the Tactical version. However, Tactical version is a lot easier to run due to the pistol grip. American is not as comfortable, but none of that has anything to do with the lever, rather the grip.

Soz, I am not going to pull them apart, especially the tactical, it’s a bit of a process…

1 Like

one final question. is the bolt knob still wobbly on the new version?

@anon73442478 as many questions as you want mate. I’ll check when I get a chance.

@anon73442478 charging handle feels identical.

so its also wobbly? thanks for the confirmation. my only gripe on the 515 is the bolt knob is just flabbily. it feels cheap in an otherwise quality made gun

I don’t know man, I feel like there’s some sort of buyers remorse happening. Like you are okay with it because everyone is okay with it, but really, you are not okay with it :slight_smile: I think you might find that all handles of that design are the same, due to how they are retained. I could give you a list of gripes… A wobbly charging handle is not one of them.

How do you pick a wobbly knob over the fact that you need to remove optic to clean the gun… Or the fact that you can’t remove barrel shroud to wipe the barrel without… Wait for it… Removing the optics. Or that the bolt rids on polymer lower without any metal rail system. But no, no, you Sir, you pick a wobbly fucking knob :rofl:

If you want, DM @Tempestman and I am pretty sure he will take it off your hands; if not, I am sure someone else here will, I wouldn’t mind another :smiley:

err no. The rest of the gun is solid and well built. A wobbly charging handle is just indicative of a poor design, it should fit snug into a well machined hole in the bolt. it does not do that.

i’ve never handled a 512 but i’d be keen to see if it also has a wobbly knob or if its just some stuff up for the 515 limited run they did

I don’t think it’s poor design. It’s supported in ways it needs to be to accommodate forces.

I have a theory about limited numbers run, I recon it was just left over stock. I thought, would they really be bothered to make a few units specifically for Australian laws. No way. Well, I don’t think so anyway. I think it’s just old unsold stock of the discontinued 512, modified at minimum effort and shipped off. I recon it’s the same 512 with lever add on, so it would most likely feel identical.

1 Like

yes the 512 has been discontinued which does not bode well for the 515 in aus. Once they go through their old stock of upper/lower receivers, barrels etc, it’ll be gone here too. :frowning: :cry:

the 515 is litterally 97% the same as a 512.
legit all they did was drill a hole for the lever, add the spring loaded bolt catch and remove the bolt hold open button inside the trigger guard (the empty hole is still there lol)

Yep, once they are gone, that’s it forever. It’s a conversation we often have… Have the 22LR market in Australia topped out. Unless something like 10/22 lever release comes in, I think it has peaked.

theres one local manufacturer i know working on that