Bored shit-posting

The missed opportunity to officially (if only symbolically) state, as a nation, that we recognise & want to address the extensive damage that the White Australia Policy wrecked onto the indigenous peoples & communities of this land is a deep shame this nation will have to face for years to come.

The fact that the no vote also seems to have helped the chances of a Dutton government becoming a reality is, or should be, truly alarming to anyone who believes in fair & equitable treatment for all Australians.

There is every possibility that we are all fucked!

Not sure about the symbolically part. I don’t think there’s a single person (sane, human) who’d disagree with your underlying statement. Doing it through a constitutional blank check however is a scary proposition imho.

1 Like

Completely agree with JS on that statement. This “everyone who voted no is racist” doesn’t help the cause.

Yes, we need to recognise the traditional owners and what was done to them by generations past, i have yet to meet someone who disagrees on that. But that wasn’t the whole question asked at the referendum.

We are already actively trying to make up for any disadvantage that history has caused by spending 30 plus billion on indigenous Australians every year. What needs to happen is ensuring every cent of it goes to the people in need, not tied up in gov think tanks and advisory groups. Good knows we already have plenty of them.

1 Like

I understand the sentiment but this was in no means a blank check.

Note the use of the words ‘May’ and ‘will’.

The proposed clause 129iii would, in effect, change nothing; the government already hold the power to make laws pertaining to any representions made to the sitting houses. Hence my referring to it as symbolic.

Referendum 2023 - The Question.

If Darwinians could have bothered it would have been the highest No Vote, even with the highest per capita Aborigines.

Funny Pics and Stuff - Random Chat - Oz Gun Lobby

Is Mildura known for any dodgy shit or is it a nice quiet place?

Mah, medium regional town… Haven’t heard anything bad about it.

1 Like

I thought it had quite a shady underworld history. Some mafia links and weed growing area.

1 Like

Fair meth problem, but thats all country towns in Vic i think now days mate.
There are some good state forests and plenty of goats to shoot.
Sure beats Western Australia mate!

2 Likes

Pretty much everywhere

They have a good range, can shoot to a km, one of two clubs in Vic with approval for 50bmg

1 Like

Plus, we are all in Vic!

1 Like

Now you’ve gone and wrecked it, @Gregfiddich was on his way until you said that.

Hey, i might like meth ??

You might be onto something, just think of how well organized & OCD level clean all your guns could be with a little hit of meth under your belt. Hmmm :thinking:

When your house is big enough to have it’s own library this is the library to have!!

2 Likes

My random AUD2c, which is not worth much.

Anyone here read 12 Rules for Life? Finally got around to it after much hype. Do not rate, feel like common sense and could have been 1/5th the size if the thinly veiled Bible bashing was omitted.

Is that Peterson?

Haven’t read it but tend to agree. Has a lot of good things to say. Mostly fairly obvious. Often couched in too much biblical double speak for my liking.

Yep, that’s the one. It slowly oozed out and I slowly but proportionally lost interest.

1 Like