Backyard Builder stage 2

I still think you’re in the wrong business mate, looks bloody beautiful!

1 Like

Got some paint on the innards today. Getting close. Skirting boards cut. Hoping to get the floor down this weekend.

1 Like

Better not show my wife… looking good!

FMD. This stopped being a shed some time ago methinks.

I have been adding gadgets much to this missus’s disgust. But then she uses them and admits it’s cool.
Bluetooth speakers, Bluetooth party lights. Electric height adjustable desk.
Should knock out a fair bit over the weekend. Got a bit of momentum going, want to get it finished.

2 Likes

Bloody hell chandeliers, been living in my place 25 years and best I have done is change from incandescent globes in a cheap socket to fluro and know a couple to LED. Making the rest of us look bad mate.

2 Likes

It’s a good creative outlet. Makes me think, makes get creative. Decided if I was going to all the effort I would try and make it a bit special. Probably doesn’t hurt the house resale value either. I’ve done my best to stay under budget and am always looking for ideas to save some dollars.
Probably mentioned it already but the portal window is 8mm tempered glass.
To get it done by a glazier , would have cost me over $300 each pane.

I made the frame from MDF, $40 sheet, and got two glass coffee table tops for $40 each delivered.
Total $120 for two windows.
A glazier to custom make two windows , over $1200.
Or $600 just for the glass.

3 Likes

Wow, you would be one sought after bloke on site. Often builders will save money by hanging sheets and getting a plasterer in to set it. This is the worst kind of work for gyprockers, because builders (except for you) can’t hang sheets for shit! You even corniced it yourself too! 3 step was the perfect choice, often overlooked by builders in place of 90mm because its a few dollars cheaper.
Good cornice choice transforms rooms, at a small cost.

Mind blown.

1 Like

Builder, only a step above a carsales and real estate, only just.

Iwasjust thinking don’t we need a “club house” for Plinkfest? Perfect project for @Supaduke once he has finished this one.

2 Likes

Looks fantastic mate, makes me wonder where the piss taking stops…we got some quotes for a very small extension, almost as expensive as building a whole house…

So a few more updates.
Nearly finished now. Weather has been pox every weekend. Progress has slowed down. All that’s left is a bit of trim and final fit out.

1 Like

I also gave the bathroom a mini reno during yet another BS raining weekend.
Daggy plain old mirror replaced with sleek shaving cabinet and I put in a new light and power point for good measure.

3 Likes

So basically you’ve built a house lol

1 Like

One bedroom, adjoining dining ,kitchen and lounge. Nice views, complete with Hamptons styling and private balcony.
Comes with 3 bedroom brick veneer guest house.

4 Likes

I need to get you into my garage (aka workshop/reloading cave) and be like, Misure Artist, this is your canvas, please, share your inspirational wisdom.

…4 weeks later. I have a proper unground layer, with lake on top and an anti aircraft battery.

1 Like

I can do lights and power points. Have the machinery to do some serious woodwork.
If you have the cash and imagination, shit can happen

However, the main question is, can you get sharks and lasers, unrelated, asking for a friend.

1 Like

Sharks, how big?
Lasers, eBay.
Not sure about deathray lasers, but enough to give you a nasty burn.

2 Likes

So. An update.
Finally got the interior finished and moved the missus in properly.
Few more finishing touches to do on the outside but nearly there.

Made a little kitchenette.

Also finished the hi tech electro up and down desk/bench

And the missus took a panoramic shot.

Nearly there.

6 Likes