Backyard Builder stage 2

It’s that glass you see in movies, where they always bounce a chair off it, to prove how it’s unbreakable.

1 Like

Doors mothafarkas. Doors… And the last few bits of weatherboard.

3 Likes

Nice cantilever roofing.

Usually don’t see one that extends that far, people usually add columns to fit the aesthetic.

Look at me mum, I’m an engineer :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking good mate, wife should be very happy.

Columns were considered. But we plan to put a deck out the front. The left post (looking at the front) would have been right in the middle of the deck. Pain in the butt and really affected the usability.

Wanted a verandah but didn’t need to be huge. Missus was inspired by “Hamptons” coastal property. It’s a style (shrug).
Sketched about 8 completely different designs, refined about 3, settled on one.

I figured the roof wouldn’t be supporting tons of weight so I could get adventurous with a cantilever roof.

Figuring the building is 2.7 metres wide , I set myself a limit of 2 metres lest I inadvertently create a trebuchet. Ended up 1.6m wide so I didn’t have to cut down any more tree. Easily supports a grown man hanging off the front.

Next step is fascia , then insulate and skin the verandah ceiling in cement sheet.

3 Likes

Got a bit of paint on. Looks pretty cool.

5 Likes

Outside fully skinned and weather proofed. Doors set. Starting on the roof trim. Power and deck next.

Back two sides against the fence I went with steel. Cheaper and less maintenance.

6 Likes

Been a busy few weeks.
Got the deck built, interior insulation done Ceiling panels on. Fully wired.
And ‘Let There Be Light!’…

Getting close now. All materials are onsite to finish. Few more weeks , should done. Got to finish plastering, hook up all the power points , floor boards, paint and fit out.

4 Likes

God damn mother f’n epic man! Next time I need custom renos done, I know who to call!

1 Like

Yup, great work mate

That’s way too flash for the Mrs, you need to turn it into your gun shed equipped with hammock and beer fridge on the deck. Bloody good work.

1 Like

Looks great mate, well done

1 Like

Start down that road and he’ll end up having to move a bed in there. Better to keep her happy.

2 Likes

All good, I’ve got mancave/workshop ,it serves me well.
Wife is getting quite excited about her new dwelling. Got all the interior lights fitted up.
Will finish plastering over the next few days.
Floating timber floors should be interesting. Never laid a floor before. All clicks together and it’s a nice square 2.5x4m floor so it should be ok for a beginner.
I have joked a few times about how good a reloading room it would make. Needless to say it went over like a brick balloon.

1 Like

Floating floors not hard mate, based on what we’ve seen you do so far you’ll have no worries. I did a bunch of it at home, just watched a couple of YouTube vids first, but it’s made to be idiot proof so I got it done easy.

1 Like

Looking good Supaduke. Suitably impressed with the results, mate. :nerd_face::+1:

1 Like

Bit more progress. Got all the plaster done, skinned the roof, Bluetooth speakers in, most of the architrave is done. Portal window half done.

Should have most of the painting done by this weekend.

3 Likes

That’s pretty fancy!

Porthole window is a nice touch.

1 Like