3D printing for reloading

No, its okay. I went camping with old school friends and they were proud proponents of the “she wee”.

Nuke us, Lord.

Wondering if anyone with 3D printer here prints with PETG. Tips, suggestions, etc?

I’ve bought some rolls but haven’t tried it yet.

Got my Ender 5 plus dialed in pretty well now. Just finished printing the body for the bullet feeder. Longest print I’d done before.

Same here… I got it running over the weekend, pretty cool.

PETG requires Z-offset change, so whatever you dialled in will be unaided when you go PETG, just keep the settings backed up. I think I will try it over the next few weeks.

…anyway, @TheDude - pics mate, printer, body, etc.

Have printed a few mods for the printer - a new bracket for the replacement “Ezr struder” extruder (stock plastic one is shit), and strain relief mounts for the bed and hot end. Now on to the rest of the parts for the bullet feeder. I’m using this guys remix https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3207921 with electronics box mounted on the side and light sensors instead of switches.

image image image image image image

1 Like

Looks like the nozzle needs a 0.00000fuckall Z-offset to get rid of the dragging marks. But daaaaamn homey. Very nice.

yeah, have tweaked z offset a little since I did that. also bumped retraction a little more as the bulk of the marks on the top surface are raised lines from extrusion as it moved between the bolt holes. there is also some writing on the front of the top surface between those two front bolt holes which looks all scratchy in the photo.

the bracket behind the extruder is really bad as I did that on the stock extruder which kept under extruding and grinding the filament.

Not sure how you’d print one, but one of you geniuses might find inspirations from this, if you haven’t already got one/made one

Its a length of soft bristles that steady the case after its made its way from the powder dispenser and slows it down gently to prevent reduce spillage, allegedly.

It’s the sudden movements that cause spillage on 650. The brush would reduce the symptoms, but not really. I bought a different bearing, cam, spring and guide (rides on the side of the shell feeder). And that’s how you make porridge (or fix 650 spillage). Or in my case, just don’t use powder at all. LOL

Hehe, yes I saw that effort. I have a roller cam and the bearing/washer plate but every so often I still get a little nudge. Im going to give this a go anyway as I need to buy some other gear from these guys.

Just seen this on Reddit. I like…

With magnets to sit on the inside safe door… Mmmm

What the actual f…

Its kinda kinky with the thing going in and out of the other thing…

I have a chute that goes in a 2L bottle. That is just over engineered.

Mine has a clear tube going into a square container.
Over 4k loaded rounds and still not full.

Same.

Another one… Was asked to print a box for the Hornady Bullet Comparator from Thingiverse.

Seeing the box, it immediately looked like it was going to snap after some use, so I designed and printed one instead.

2020-03-30_22-13-20

Unfortunately, my tolerances were a fraction of a millimetre too small, so V2 is on the way.

I am still fascinated with the process. Something I can sketch - I can produce at home! It’s a double edge sward though, while I really like this - now I want a small plasma cutter. Yeah, I know, escalated quickly, but hey, once you are comfortable with CAD, that’s an entire universe of options… CNC, milling machine, mmmm. If only I had the space.

2 Likes

This is what an oopsie looks like.

1 Like

This looks fantastic, please tell me you are going to share the STL file. Looks like you have the printer dialed in nicely.