3D printing for reloading

I remembered you had the Ender 5 and was going to get the same as I was impressed with the print quality, then saw the plus was just released so went with that for the bit extra build area. It’s huge. Going to need to do some moving around in the shed to fit it in as it’s too tall for my shelves.

Will print some mods for it tonight to get confidence in it before I start any long print jobs

If you want a project Juststarting, make me some K31 stripper clips. I will buy some

It’d be cheaper to just buy legit ones…

Do you tinker with Fusion360?

$20 bucks delivered I’ve seen them. Have you seen better ? Or is 3d printing not as economical as marketed.

No, printing, you can have them for free… My time making them in CAD… Well, that’s missing a couple of zeros :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the main app I use. Was using designspark mechanical before that but needed to do some parts with threads so went looking for something easier and found it.

Still learning so mainly simple parts

Yeah, that’s the one I stated with and just learn as I go.

@Supaduke you’d probably want them printed with flexible material, not rigid… Which I’m not set up for. One day… Plastics would eventually snap.

Fair enough. I thought there would be designs you can download ready to go. Really not familiar with the details of 3d printing and the types of plastics available. Seems like an interesting thing to get into.

1 Like

looks like there are a couple designed already https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=k31

Well, fmd. @Supaduke, I’ll bake a few over the weekend. See how they go…

1 Like

For anyone running the Ender 5, can you share what sort of settings and what type/brand filaments you are running? Also what sort of build plate you are using.

Hi @Cavallino are you asking, because you’re trying to solve an issue or just FYI sort of question?

Just FYI, what everyone is using. I picked up an Ender 5 two weeks ago after inspiration from this thread and others and for the most part having good success. Switched over to the glass bed last week and some warping and adhesion problems popped up, but seem to have them sorted now. Bought some filament from a Melbourne company called 3D Fillies and their blue is pretty close to Dillon blue.

I’ll get some free time, I’ll pop some info up…

Heh, my shooty friend made the mistake of telling me he bought a 3D dillion accessory making machine. Dickbutt was the test mule.

Telling me about thingyverse made things worse.

Jizz, prints look good any idea what breed of filament was used? I’m trying to do my homework before commiting to ordering several colours.

3DFillies was the supplier. 1.75mm PLA +
$22.95/kg

My fren said it was nice to work with too.