3D printing for reloading

Bit more progress on the collator today. The motor arrived, so I mounted what I could.

Now need to start thinking about mounting it. Typically you’d have it hanging of the side of a case feeder. Since I don’t have one, I need to think about an alternative.

1 Like

That cool, how does it always flip the pill the right way up?
Looks like crazy Whiteman magic to me!

There’s a ridge that makes upside down bullets fall out. You can’t really see it, it’s under the turning wheel on a blue plate. And you move the blue plate in or out to find sweet spot for a particular shape.

Like I said crazy Whiteman magic

Is the ridge slightly tilted or something so the upside down rounds always fall off balance to the axis?

Yes…

Ah - I reckon if that spun faster, you might not need the ridge at all. The inertial force from the rotation should be enough that the tip kicks outwards anyway.

Few more trinkets :slight_smile:

650 live primer chute (downloaded…

…and a proximity sensor assembly for, well, a proximity sensor for the DAA bullet feeder die and collator assembly (this one, I had to sketch myself).

(test fit, perfect, there is an internal fastener nut, not inserted in photo)

Looking good. Once you finish this you will need to start on a case feeder so you can hang it off of.

Actually, I already made a bullet feeder mount, that’s all good… But! Yes, case feeder will be next, will need to think about the ‘how’ first. Don’t think 3D printing is the right way to go about it.

1 Like

Looks good, I’ve ordered myself a new printer so I can make a bullet feeder. The old one is still going great but printer bed is way too small.

I’ve ordered some light sensors And LEDs for shutoff switch for the drop tube. Proximity sensor will probably be more reliable though.

Light sensors will work just fine. In fact sketching tube for sensors would be heaps easier too. I think. Proximity switch me like. It’s the microswitch that I have an issue with, because they are picks.

For your viewing pleasure @TheDude and @1Fatman

A different ‘thing’ design (live primer chute) from Thingiverse… The window has a slot for plastic. I just cut a square from a plastic bottle… works well.

I like it. Still have that cap to go on the original chute, keeping them as spares, but this looks good. Printed at 100% infill as I usually do for very small parts.

p.s. good fit of the internal box and good clearance between the box and the press handle.

And an absolute c**t to print, due to weird angles. Had to add support material (I tinkered with where exactly, to avoid it fusing to main parts of the print, which explains some rough parts where I snapped the supports off. About 4 hour print for chute, box (and another part).

Another part is a simplified primer tube filler, that fits Lee triangular primer tray - yet to test.

Looks good and nice and easy to empty the primers from. It doesn’t look very rough but I guess you could always sand it, if it bothered you.

“but I guess you could always sand it, if it bothered you” bwahhhhh hahahahahahah. It’s @juststarting, of course it bothers him. Count down is on until there is an improved version…

Nah, unless it’s not functional, i.e. not for for purpose, I’m pretty happy with it.

I’m still waiting on my bayonet

1 Like

I knew this was going to come up. Awkward. Ill get around to it.

My Ender 5 plus turned up yesterday so going to get a start on my bullet feeder for the Dillon this weekend.

1 Like

I run ender 5 with few mods.