3D printing for reloading

Little bit of cross-posting for completeness (improved Dillon 650XL ejector).

I am still fascinated by the whole, oh, I need a part, I can just make it now.

1 Like

And here I was thinking that you would design and print a fancy Y piece and have both tubes going into it and only putting one hole in the container.

I did not think of that lol

Headdesk

Too much bother tbh

https://m.yeggi.com/q/9mm+ammo+tray/

Anything good here?

The snap together loading blocks look good although most people here would load 9mm on a progressive press, but in rifle cals they’d be great.

For completeness…

Automated Dillon primer tube filler DIY.

Can you 3d print a useable thread? As in could you print a plastic nut and bolt?

I am not that awesome to actually design a thread to fit a nut, or both. That was long answer. Short answer, yes.

1 Like

Autodesk fusion 360 had built in support for most of the common threads and is really easy to add internal or external threading to an object. It’s free for creators/enthusiasts.

1 Like

Yep, that’s what I use.

I always wanted someone to make me a few tiny violins…so I could give then to all the people having a whine about things going bad in their lives :smile::smile:

1 Like

That’s a cool idea!

Playing around with this last week and today…

A bullet collator.

I built a prototype and which works well, but I wasn’t 100% with the motor I have, so had to reprint the bucket with new supports for a different motor. I have high torque, but I couldn’t slow down the one I had in first built (even with speed controller and lower voltage). Anyhow, have another one I will try and probably order one more to test. Other than that I am pretty happy with it. Bucket is at 75% infill with PLA+. Everything else is at 100%

bullet collator assembly and die adapter that I still need to wire a microswitch. Will post video when I get around to completing it. Hopefully in a week or two or whenever I am out of ammo and need to make more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As a side note, anyone running Dillon 650 with bearing washer upgrade, this case ejector is freaking awesome.

Works absolutely amazing. A million times better than the spring ejector.

Bit more progress on the collator today. The motor arrived, so I mounted what I could.

Now need to start thinking about mounting it. Typically you’d have it hanging of the side of a case feeder. Since I don’t have one, I need to think about an alternative.

1 Like

That cool, how does it always flip the pill the right way up?
Looks like crazy Whiteman magic to me!

There’s a ridge that makes upside down bullets fall out. You can’t really see it, it’s under the turning wheel on a blue plate. And you move the blue plate in or out to find sweet spot for a particular shape.

Like I said crazy Whiteman magic