Winchester Power Points are now SHYTE

damn strait

Yes, at 50c/shot I’m not plinking with them.

I want to see if my Lithgow can compete with the local small bore guys.
Mind you, the fact that they have a 200m fly shoot for .22 subsonics does give me pause as to my abilities to compete.

1 Like

The 200m .22 fly shoots are a fun match. Don’t worry about what the fair dinkum fly/benchrest boys are using, just go and compete against yourself. I shot one once with a Lee Shaver .22 liner in my .45-90 with an 8x DZ Arms bpcr scope on it. (3/4" tube with external adjustments, look them up on the interweb) My home-made benchrest and rear bag also raised a few eyebrows but who cares.
The Flyshooters were all amazed at my set-up, shook their heads and said “good luck”. When I finished in 3rd spot they were pretty shocked.
Results hinge on your ability to read wind and mirage more than your rifles ability to put all shots in one hole.

2 Likes

Best thing ive read all day . Awesome work

Sounds a bit like Eley Black match…i was paying $20 a packet, back in 2006. I think its more like $40 a packet now. I think youll need a better trigger on the Lithgow…

First thing I did was swap the 1.5kg genuine for a 1.5lb from gunbloke.

I’ve been using the same weight in my .223 for years the factory spring felt awful by comparison.

1 Like

What model Lithgow is it?

La101.

I had a plastic one when they first came out, it was good but the new walnut one is magic.

I hate plastic guns…

I wouldn’t have another.

I saw that someone is making chassis for the 101 now but I love my tigery walnut

Ive made a couple of alloy chassis when i was shooting ISSF with a Match 54 Anschutz…but they were precise shooting instruments.

I put my .223 into an XLR chassis, made a big difference, whether real or placebo I don’t care.
Only trouble, with the Hawke scope weighing 1440g with the tall rings the whole thing is a shade over 7kg.
Not a walkabout gun, but set up 3 or 400 off a warren shooting off bags on the bonnet it’s very nice.

1 Like

Nice! I sometimes think i need a 22/250 for that kind of shooting…3006 does it with 110gr Sierras

Here ya go

Nice, any change in performance or tacti-bling value only?

Much heavier?

It’s a bit heavier. Performance wise, I found it to be excellent in both stocks.

Interesting, verrrry interesting. :beers:

Well, I don’t know about verrrry interesting, maybe, 47.38% interesting. But it definitely looks fantastic. All Australian made, rifle and chassis, I am pretty happy about that. I wouldn’t mind getting it done in cerakote though. Something funky. Maybe go full bogan and do it in flag colours like the yanks or Lego or Nerf :crazy_face:

1 Like