What's your next gun?

If you got the money allocated for it, buy what you want :slight_smile: You certainly won’t go wrong with it.

Ditto, i have a mk3 hunter. Looks cool but not built as well as the buckmark. I’m sure a bit of extra cash will make it nicer but for now it’s just eye candy in the safe.

Interesting you say that, @Gregfiddich . I looked at Mk4, Buckmark and Beretta 87. I shot a lot of 87, so I was a bit meh and wanted something different. Between Ruger and Browning, I thought Ruger looked good (never having handled either). I bought it, I then saw someone shooting Buckmark and I instantly regretted it, Browning looked sooooo much better. Almost James Bond villain kind of cool.

1 Like

1 Like

I like stainless Buckmark

Had the opportunity to fire this Bad-boy while in Texas in 2019. Integral suppressor, ( think sleeved barrel ), amazing workmanship. The cycling of the action was louder than the shot. Nice trigger, shot well.

4 Likes

Owning a Mk 4 Hunter with the Rosewood target grips I find it a beautiful gun to handle and shoot.
Out of the box it is OK but I did a trigger and trigger kit upgrade that improved the performance 100%. While it is cheaper to do the kit’s than to buy the Volquartsen Mamba you do get extra bits with the Mamba, like the competition bolt and a nicer top end with a compensator as a bonus.

While I have not shot a Mamba, so to change hehe, I think that if you can afford the extra $$$ it is worth the cost but the MK 4 is no slouch.

One thing to point out is that the Mamba is based on the 22/45 Ruger and not the standard so the hand grip is at a slightly different angle.

Below is a link to the trigger upgrade post that I did.

Ruger Mk4 trigger upgrade. - Handguns - Oz Gun Lobby

2 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate everyone’s input.
I had a shoot with a ruger mk 4 hunter today, I was very impressed with it, I actually hit 9/10 of the rimfire silhouette chickens at 25m.
I just wish I could shoot a volquartsen to compare the 2.

Thinking it’s time for a lever in 357.

1 Like

My next gun is another handgun. Sensible 9mm that I can use over a few disciplines. Or a gaudy 44mag for that prestigious “field pistol” shoot of the silhouettes once a month. :grin:

2 Likes

44 of course

Now if you were over here in god’s country we could organise something so you can have a shot of the Mamba Camo

Where is this gods country you speak of?

God’s country?

More like God Emperor McGowan’s country at the rate he’s going at…

3 Likes

I think he meant here

6 Likes

As a West Australian i support this message !

2 Likes

Good old Western Australia, the place that they don’t call out the riot squad and shoot you with rubber bullets.

1 Like

So far !! He’s getting desperate. You can tell in his mannerisms.

1 Like

Yep, wait until he opens the border after Christmas, then the panic will set in.

So my ‘next gun’ plans have changed… Another 22LR. :face_vomiting: I hate them!

1 Like