What type of muzzle brake

@anon19591382 do you live on a big property?

Maybe a good recoil pad is the answer instead of a brake then mate?

No JS but I can access most farms around here and over the range I live in a small rural town only couple hundred people live here all the farmers around here give me access to where ever I want to go and I do the ferals for them mainly wild dogs the odd pig and wild cattle I move in a 100-150klm radius from my home took years to gain access to all properties but I’ve worked on quiet a few during my life born and bred 70klm from where I live so i’m known to most people and get along with them all the area is 70% farmers and 30% people which equates to a lot of land I have access to at my age and bad legs I don’t really want to travel too far now most of the time it’s 70klm radius unless a farmer rings and then I go further out for the pests what ever they are

Do the farms have access to cement?

I mean, where you would shoot, would you be able to get access to cement and a water source?

It’s funny you should say that bentaz I put a new one on with the brake and when I took the brake off it wasn’t as bad as the old one I think it one of those new sako limb savers or that’s what the GS said but it is better

Plenty of water but cement will have to be trucked in Mate I can see this going somewhere so ‘‘WHY’’

It was going somewhere, but since you have no access to cement, the critical ingredient in my recipe, I cannot instruct you on how to make a cuppa. hehehehehehe

I reckon you should at least try shooting it somewhere else. I remember shooting at a range with a guy beside me shooting a lever action 22wmr that sounded like a heavy centrefire. It was the noise bouncing off the end baffle and reverberating back to my bench. When he moved to the middle of the range, the noise was greatly reduced…

AH yeah 1 teaspoon of cement 4 table spoons of water mix well and drink and ‘‘Harden the feck up’’ yep maybe I should :rofl: and I’ve got enough cement in the shed for that and it’s quick setting so i’ll be hard in minutes :grin:

Yes you could have a point there Bent_arrow come to think of it I wasn’t too far from a high bank my biggest concern is I do most of my shooting from the hilux and that back blast would be huge for me and the mrs but will try it hope the windows don’t shatter :grin:

Funny story about MB and glass on back of a ute… Ay @bentaz LOL

‘‘DO’’ tell

I done a windscreen by shooting over the bonnet with my Ackley 22-250 but the screen had a very small stone chip in it

@Brett was missing some some rear lights after MB blast, but it was a slightly larger calibre.

AH yep easily done

Yeah I had my rearview mirror and interier light fall off my old au ute when my mate shot over the roof from the tray too, that was without a brake, just a regular 308.

Yeah mine never had a brake either I also done a front door wind up window I used it to gauge my elevation by winding it up or down but I forgot to take the strap swivel out of the fore stock and when it recoiled the swivel grabbed the top of the window and it shattered I shat myself it went off like a small bomb normally I screw the swivels out but it has to go back in for the bipod when I use it picked a new window up for $138 not to bad I thought it would have been more I will never get caught like that again it’s firmly fixed in my head hell of a fright on my own 9pm and miles from anywhere