What I did in guns this week.

done

1 Like

That looks beautiful mate.

II’m starting to make a habit of this, might be tome to start thinking about a 4x4. Lol

4 Likes

I’ll buy it off ya

Just been out spotlighting with my red torch and the pard nv007, scored 7 bunnies

1 Like

So this week I:

• Bought a type 53 rifle, sight unseen from Queensland. It will be rough, the question is how rough?
  • Spoke to the metal work teacher at work about welding up some target stands for me with some scrap rod he has laying around.
  • Bought some coreflute for said target stands.
  • Started putting together everything I’ll need to clean up the Type 53.
  • Started researching Lee reloading kits and reloading in general so I can reload harder to find milsurp ammo.

The plan this week is to pick up the Type 53 on Friday arvo and head straight to Ballarat Friday night, start cleaning the Type 53 in the garage, head to Eagle Park on Saturday morning, shoot the 22 and the Swede, return to Ballarat Saturday arvo and keep cleaning the Type 53, home via the Bendigo Militaria show on Sunday! Just have to hope the weather on Saturday is in my favour. Otherwise there will be a lot more cleaning than shooting.

1 Like

Just took an archery mate out to shoot my 458wm loaded with 570gn pills…

2 Likes

I sold an old press and met a good bloke in @6V53T

Hi Mate, Likewise here as well. We had a good yarn I really enjoyed it. Until we meet up again take care.

1 Like

Finished tumbling the last of about 1500 cases. Finally got around to organising the man cave a bit better. Tidying up and organised shelves, binned a lot of junk I had accumulated. Still a ways to go. Found quite a few things that had gone AWOL. Going to put some carpet in the gun room. Productive weekend so far.

1 Like

Started attending the new club I joined more frequently now, minutes from my place, so it’s awesome. Ran a few shells through the SHS – nice. Shot my first service revolver match (I am horrible), and messed with my 686 vs duelling tree, double action (to get less horrible), not as easy as YouTube makes it out to be. Also, 22 vs duelling tree – no good, but makes a very therapeutic ding sound. However, if you land 2 x 22s in quick succession on a popper, it will drop (fact). Received new bullets restock this week, because I was close to empty on everything. Just as well, because I went through a lot of ammo since Wed. New club and my location is going to be fun on the wallet. Forcing myself to shoot double action, to get used to it, loving it so far. Changed springs in 1911 (that was a while ago) and last night loaded test loads to retest everything. I think that should cover it.

Was a very quiet week for me, spent a couple of hours at the local range yesterday just practicing and having fun. Then spent awhile making a list of goodies for my youngest son to get when he is in Perth next weekend, powder, primers etc so I can build up our stocks again.

Today went to our normal range for the standard comp, afterwards we gave the dueling tree, drop plates and body plates a fair work over. Also did a bit of measuring up for our revamp of our 50m range and our new 100m range.

Got home and stripped and cleaned my .22 and 9mm and then figured that I would do the wifes 2 as well. Long story shortened I ended up stripping and cleaning all of our rifles as well. Tomorrow I will pump out about 800 9mm rounds to keep both son and wife busy until I get back from work in 2 weeks.

Ahh juststarting you should have gotten a 486.

Anyway I like cleaning, as last time I cleaned up I found a single 6br lapua case… that I thought I had lost.

Just filled out a PTA, hopefully the gun should be in the LGA by 1st week of August.

Happy days

1 Like

@Gunmut what are you getting mate? Don’t leave us hanging like that :thinking:

Shot a rabbit today…

3 Likes

Where at, a pet shop?
Lol

Work. Got heaps of bunnies there. You never seen a coloured wild rabbit ?

Reload time, 45’s this weekend, 38/357 next.

I have, haven’t seen a black one for a while though.

I’ve seen reddish coloured ones at pukapunyal but never a black one either

Somewhere there is a little girl searching for bunnykins…

3 Likes