What I did in guns this week.

Not my best effort, but not too bad from.a cheap Ebay piece of rail.

5 Likes

Looks good. Brownells sells blank rail stock if you are ever looking for it.

1 Like

It needs a little finishing, and bedding onto the barrel, but should sit nicely.

1 Like

Nothing really spectacular or out of the ordinary this week. But a little bit of time spent on Sunday on over watch duty. We have had some issues with crows taking the chicken eggs and now some baby chicks that hatched during the week. Only got my sights on one who quickly became a casualty of 22LR lead poisoning. The buggers are very cunning and cautious.

3 Likes

Yeah they’re not easy to get the drop on hey mate. I used to have all sorts of trouble with the bastards

Arrrrrgh me heartys. I done shot the black powder pistols this Sunday arrrrgh. You might say I is ‘hooked’.

Arrr.

Wondering what sort of pistols you shot that caused this speech disorder you seem to have been afflicted with??? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Not so much a Sunday thing but it’s great to come home after being away for work to find presents on the reloading bench…

Some light reading material

A bit of casting ahead

And a surprise pack that I will show later lol

6 Likes

Very exciting!

I think I can make out some letters if you blow the image up… God damn it, the surprise is ruined! Thanks for nothing!

1 Like

I managed to get away for a couple of days. Took a couple of nice young nannies. They are currently in the cool room for a few days before being packaged into meal portions.

9 Likes

462 hmmm

1 Like

The paper jacket is a great read…love it!! Gave me great success with 3006 PP loads

It was a choice between that and the Reloading the black powder rifle cartridge that I planned to read first. :grin::grin::grin: I might read the reloading one first as it has a section on duplex loading.

1 Like

It ain’t guns, but you know… Not far from it.

4 Likes

Cheers

2 Likes

Went shooting with a great group of guys in Williams for three days. The pic is my 300wsm on the second day where we walked around shooting targets hidden in tree lines.

5 Likes

Rifle golf…

1 Like

That’s a prefect name for what we did.

1 Like

It’s a thing in the US…