What I did in guns this week.

Its tacky and i hate you !

Oh yeah, it’s tacky as hell, but I know you love me Pete!

It hurts my eyes…unlike this greener shotgun…

1 Like

So lovely.

That’s a good price too, one of you should buy it, I already have one or I would.
My greeners are my favorite shotties

Rabbit souvla? :thinking:

2 Likes

The beer can go though…

I would love to but things are too tight atm

Mate are you sending a message for that meal by having the date roll at the bottom of the picture ? :laughing:

1 Like

It’s HAND TOWEL!!!

1 Like

:grin: Yep ok mate :smile: i’ve used that too when i never had the other, nah seriously it looks nice that feed :ok_hand:t2: :+1:t2:

1 Like

I know it’s not quite Sunday yet but I met up with @Nomis this morning to sell a couple of guns.
Ill let him share what he bought but welcome to the dark side mate!

2 Likes

As has already been said, I caught up with @bentaz for an arms deal.

As such, I am now the very proud owner of a Martini Enfield in .303. Originally a Mk II Martini Henry manufactured in 1875 and rebuilt in .303 in 1900.

Took it out for a shoot in the state forest and put about 10 rounds through it. Really fun to shoot and I even hit a target with it which was nice.

Great to be able to get out and shoot for the first time in a long while. Other than the .303 it was just plinking with the .22s and trying to decide if my old Krico that I got cheap is worth trying to sort out. Cannot get decent groups with it and it shoots high for no apparent reason.

In addition to the .303, I also have ventured further down the rabbit hole and got my first black powder firearm and it’s a front stuffer to boot!

An Italian reproduction of an 1853 Remington Zouave rifled musket. @bentaz was also nice enough to put together a black powder starter pack for me to get me on my way! Not sure when this one will be fired. It might be a while.

7 Likes

Love that Martini! We shoot those in Military competition. The Shepparton branch of the Victorian Military Rifle club is close to you, is it not? @Nomis?

Yep. I’ve been thinking about joining once I’ve got my guns up here.

My barber is a member of the Northern Victoria Arms Collectors Guild and has been trying to recruit me for ages. I was all set to go my first meeting right as COVID struck and shut it all down.

1 Like

Just know, you’re legally not allowed to shoot firearms on collectors licence (with exception of a scheduled event) and need very different storage requirements.

Am very aware. I’d just be joining as they collect a lot of militaria too and a lot of members are in both that group and the military rifle club too.

2 Likes

The guys at Sheppraton MRC are great blokes. They shoot with the Melbourne branch of MRC (us) at the State titles at Dookie Ag college in April of each year. See you at Dookie in April @Nomis! If you like military rifles, no better club than the VIC MRC. You will see just about every surplus rifle ever made, from .22 smle trainers to Boyes Anti tank rifles, along with Bren gun Demonstrations, by our Vice President Jeff Pannan.

Join both!

Loaded up some rounds for the 310 Cadet last night and off to the pistol club for the weekly shoot. After the shoot and the AGM I headed to the 50m range to put the rounds through the chronograph to see how they went.

Then back home, unpacked and now have 3 pistols and 1 rifle to clean and put away lol. Other than that it was a very quiet weekend.