What I did in guns this week.

Now that’s a great idea

5 Likes

Now that’s sexy

2 Likes

No it’s not. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Actually, I wonder, what would be the minimum effective barrel length for something like 303. For example, scrub gun, mountain gun… Basically, 300m at the very maximum, hard going hiking up hills…

You mean the jungle carbine ?

1 Like

ooohhhh that is nice

1 Like

Well they chamber those Thompson center contender pistols in 30-30 with only a foot or so of barrel, so I can’t see why you couldn’t shoot 303 out of something that short.
Not much difference between the dirty 30 and the 3 oh…

Its not Sunday but I finally have gun related news! Went into my LGS today as they’ve just reopened this week and put money down on a Carcano 91/38.

Unfortunately, they are also seeing price rises across the board. :frowning:

3 Likes

Put a whole 6 rounds through my old PH 243.

2 Likes

Shot my 303 a bit

I finished off vac sealing some ammo and bought an Aimpoint H2 for my PC Charger, although if it arrives soon it may end up on the Adler 220 instead…

Well finally home so pulled each one out of the safe and gave them the once over.
Also loaded up 50rds for my 6.5 Creedmoor, and a number of trial loads for my 300 Win Mag. Hopefully range open soon so I can try new 300WM out. The suspense is killing me.

2 Likes

Actually… Interesting you say that. I shot a few IPSC’esq stages using a B220T with a red dot. One of the stages, I forgot to turn it on. My red dot sits on a high mount, so I can see under it, i.e. use normal open sights too. Found it about the same in terms of speed, tbh. Factor in, I am pretty comfortable with open sights, the only reason the red dot is still on Adler is because it looks major badass. And looks matter! :smiley:

I’ve never tried a red dot on a shotgun, but if i like it then it’s just a perfect reason to NEED to buy another red dot.
Plus the fact that yes looks count :slightly_smiling_face:

Put money down on a Carcano and had a look at a few cheap single shot shotguns including a Baikal (my favourite as it’s made in the USSR).

More demo/construction on the house and so closer to getting the new garage/workshop in which will mean a new,bigger safe. Still some months away I think :frowning:

2 Likes

I have one of those Baikal singles, “Boris the Russian doorbell”, I love that gun.

I took the .303 for a walk yesterday but didn’t see any deer. I fired a shot out of my little Anshultz. 22, first shot I’ve fired in months.
Gunna take my daughter away on her first goat trip next week so maybe I’ll have more to report next week.

There’s one or two Baikal doubles in that Auction that’s coming up.

1 Like

Bit late but was busy so I had fun especially after receiving my new 22-250 barrel and action, now all fitted to the stock , so made up some loads for it but I went to 50gr projectiles instead of 55gr , i’m looking for speed for hydrostatic shock these new loads should do 3700fps or there abouts my original loads with 55gr projectiles done 3414fps but started getting runners and had to look for them (dogs) the old vmax were bang flop but for the last 2 yrs I’ve started getting runners even though they’ve been hit in the heart lung area an old roo shooter told me to speed up the projectile and look for the hydro shock or go 243 with heavier projectiles but I’ve got the new 250 so i’ll try speed even though it will affect barrel life , I got close to 4000 out of the last 250 barrel so if I get half that with this one that’ll do me for starters

1 Like

I use 50gn Sierra pills in mine and they’re emphatic