VIDEO: Gun Related TV shows or Media

There are a few threads on Videos and quite a few of them have a DIY heading as well. This guys Channel certainly ticks quite a few boxes that I know blokes on here would appreaciate for one reason or another. He covers quite a broad range of topics all are well “OUT There”
The Kingsman inspired airsoft gun

Right through to tanks and all sorts of rockets and stuff.

2 Likes

Stars in the Sky on Netflix is an excellent look at the pursuit of hunting and why people do it.

It is very one sided but that is to be expected.

That Colin Furze does some great stuff. Also does some very expensive projects. I wonder if his YouTube revenue covers it, does he have a benefactor?, Well paid? Seems very cashed up for a bloke who spends his time building contraptions and bomb shelters.

I think he has some sponsors. One of them being a Video Game PC about tanks hence his tank build. Did you see his belt of knives that was truly terrifying no way would I put something I built that dangerous flying around my balls. He had one knife take a small bite out of his back… If I did it the thing would self destruct and knives would fly all over the place causing carnage.

1 Like

Saw an interview with him a while ago. It seems that it pretty well is YouTube money and sponsorships.

He is actually a plumber by trade. He said his main reasons for success were being so of his head that he had to be active and moving all the time and had no fear so would give anything a go. Absolute textbook ADHD but glad it worked for him.

He did also say that most of the stuff he does is far more well thought-out and engineered than it looks.

Yeah I noticed all his structures are well engineered. Nice welds, effecient use of bracing etc.

100% sponsors, like his bunker and all is all paid for. Go cart/bumper cart was paid for. It’s all sponsored + revenue.

Tank I think is also paid for.

He has some nice tools. Love that little spot welder that attaches bolts to thin steel.

I’d pay to see that mate. knives shooting out in every direction, that’s what he should of built

So you didn’t notice the vegan interviews?

I have no idea what this means.

In “stars in the sky”, there is at least one vegan interviewed in the show, he comes up several times and gets quite a bit of air time, there is no arguing or ranting, just someone having a opportunity to voice his opinion against hunting. If I recall correctly, they also show the footage from the book signing where there are several vegans at the book signing and it shows Steven Rinella’s very well measured response to their questions about hunting. Therefore, I’d suggest it is not entirely one sided.

1 Like

Oh right, yes. I agree that it isn’t entirely one-sided. However, it is very focussed on one specific attitude and view of hunting. That’s fine and I think that attitude towards hunting that Steve Rinella has is the ideal. Profty from Aussie Bush Harvest is another one who I think is an excellent ambassador for hunters.

However, it goes so far as to admit there are potential issues or conflicts in hunting by mentioning trophy hunting and showing clips at the start of “bad hunting” but then never investigates that further. They mention Cecil the Lion and basically say “Yeah that seems pretty fucked” and then never explore that. I’m not a massive fan of trophy hunting but I think there are legitimate arguments for it and I think there are good and bad examples of it. It would have been good to see those more complex elements of hunting addressed and explored.

Ahhh… yeah thats an incredibly complex issue, and way beyond the scope of what they were trying to produce. I don’t believe the use of the term “trophy hunting” is even helpful, as it’s incredibly difficult to achieve consensus on what that even means, even though many people have their own opinion of what it means. There’s threads about it on this forum that demonstrate how even a small group of like minded individuals have differing views on what it means. For example, if I shoot a billy, take a couple of pics, some meat for my dogs, the skin for my shed, and do a euro mount of the skull and horns, then I am a trophy hunter. But I bet that’s not what you mean by “trophy hunting”…