The democratic people's republic of WA - updates

We have double the population of UK born citizens to the rest of the country that’s why the madness of the last few years was so popular.

1 Like

SU do have an actual WA branch, though; there’s an official WA representative (based in Perth) and they’ve been active on a number of issues there. I didn’t see SSAA WA spending thousands of dollars investigating the possibility of suing the Police Minister or WAPOL over the firearms map doxxing, for example.

SU have also mentioned that both their WA-based and National-based attempts to be involved with WAFCA have been ignored; I’ve seen one of the senior WAFCA people on social media basically telling them to sod off too.

The thing is that there’s no downsides to letting groups like SU and NSC be involved in WAFCA. Like them or not, they’re active, national organisations with resources and connections. It costs nothing to let them come along to the meetings (and indeed would help the cause immensely, given their reach) while actively snubbing them undermines what WAFCA is trying to do and also means you’ve got the groups themselves and informed observers actively refuting WAFCA’s claims to represent everyone.

4 Likes

I agree 100% SU are doing great things, No issue there with what they are doing. I am extremely great full they exist and have even bothered to support us in WA.

To my initial point, they have no physical club, provide firearm support, sell anything or actually have any goods or services that will be impacted by new laws here in WA. Over east where they offer support for firearms licenses is a different story. Note: It is also only my assumption why they would be excluded, could very well just be some form of feud between individuals all these groups are good at.

At the end of the day the only people to blame is the people of WA. I actually still don’t know how but we have elected in a party with unrestricted power. I do feel like any of this advocacy is just pissing in the wind. @bentaz is right.

2 Likes

I totally agree that there’s basically nothing anyone in WA can do except leave at this point. The new premier sounds slightly more reasonable than his predecessor but it seems clear to me they’re not actually going to make sensible reforms to the gun laws.

I mean, the obvious solution would be to pick literally any other state’s gun laws - NSW, since they’ve got the appearance laws etc that WA likes - and implement them. Literally every other state in Australia has, broadly, the same gun laws and IMO the only reason WA’s gotten away with doing their own thing thus far is that they’ve got a small population and are on the far side of the country and might as well be a different country as a result.

1 Like

I cant believe that @Mullmans & @Gregfiddich haven’t handed all their gun to police after obviously being personally responsible for the shooting at a wheat silo in the north west of thier country.
Shame on you.

I hope you guys have the lube ready.

3 Likes

Fortunately he didn’t shoot the rescue chopper out of the sky from 3km away.

The guy was wearing a Nazi armband and shot his supervisor. Clearly a mental health issue, probably PTSD from being a volunteer ambo in a small town.

I’m fairly sure its your fault still, but yeah, obviously some issues going on there.
We’re all probably lucky he didnt shoot down the space station…

1 Like

I heard he actually shot the Chinese base on the dark side of the moon and it’s now out of commission. I hope his shots are clean, i don’t want a ricochet hitting me here in Qld.

3 Likes

If you cop a ricochet I’ll ban @Gregfiddich from being able to post for a month!

2 Likes

Sounds fair.

Let’s hope he didn’t have any of those armour piercing rounds the state gov banned, twice.

2 Likes

Yeah, or ill have to ban you for 2 months!
Lol

1 Like

I fail to see an association you are drawing here.

Between what?

PTSD, ambo in a small town and a nazi arm band.

Just another day in sunny WA

2 Likes

Yeah, yeah I know, you have a career and you love your mother in law…

2 Likes

What’s really concerning is how no-one outside the shooting community seems to have the slightest problem with the WA Govt openly saying “Fuck you, we hate you” to a particular group.

Shooters in WA aren’t doing themselves any favours, true, but the fact none of the civil liberties groups seem to be making any protests about this is pretty concerning IMO.

2 Likes

I think this may be a larger global issue created by the example of the current American political turmoil. The division and hate speach that is being used there is de sensitizing the whole world to that type of behavior.

4 Likes