The big fat COVID-19 thread.

Friday I heard for a full lockdown.
Lucky for me the fun shop will still be open tomorrow for my birthday!

6 Likes

@bentaz You old bastard!! Happy birthday for tomorrow mate. You know you have to celebrate with some Corona (and you know i mean the good kind not the death one) :grinning:

I was told by someone fairly high up & presumably in the know that they have always been planning for a full lock down but have been doing it in small steps to try and let people come to terms with it & minimise panic while giving them time for prepping as many services as best they could.
I guess we’ll see shortly.

I’ve thought that was the case since they started in Europe, we’ve been trundling along behind them.

3 Likes

Most places from Katherine south to Alice Springs and everything in between

Yeah, my brother has some countrymen friends that come and drink at his place sometimes.
Weird that in a free non racist country some people have to have a white feller say its OK to have a beer on my property (so they can buy a beer). On the positive side that opens up a whole heap of hunting and other access opportunities closed to most white folk.

For those that have not been there the NT is like a different country to the rest of Australia. In some ways good, in others not.

3 Likes

Was supposed to go to a shoot this weekend. Outdoor range in the country, ( old CMF range ), maybe 5 or 6 shooters, we had already set ground rules for social distancing etc. Farmer who owns the property canned it as he doesn’t want to be involved with a “social gathering” contravening government advice.

Well, updated response is, no more than two people, so he’s accurate.

Darwin SSAA range is still open to public, but all meets are cancelled.

So far we have had nothing from either of my ranges.
we shot on Sunday and though the numbers were down a couple there were still plenty there.
Hopefully it stays open though I do have access to out of hours shooting on both.

1 Like

I see on the news this morning that covid 19 has jumped species again, I would of thought the reptilians would of be safe!

1 Like

Well that’s it, life as we know it is over and there are dark days ahead. My super duper home coffee machine chose today to start playing up, what’s even worse is the shop said they are on a 2 week turn around to service it.
There may very well be a spike in murders around my location in the near future. Police reports will be like “crazed man twitching and frothing at the mouth with empty coffee cup in one hand & axe in the other found rocking in the fetal position amongst indescribable carnage”.

4 Likes

…have you actually cleaned it, changed filter, descaled? You know, them machines need TLC

We got a little squirty bottle of hand sanitizer in the workshop now, wooooo

1 Like

One bottle and 20 workers lol

@JSS Imagining that has really cheered me up, thanks mate!

1 Like

3 Likes

For the less astute fan of fine comedy.

I guess we cant do this anymore