T/C Encore .500 S&W Mag

Swung past the shop on the way home tonight and brought back a new addition, first impressions are the grips are junk plastic looks wise, but actually feel good, very rubbery, a lot shorter than i though ( a good thing ) the action feels very solid and quality, bit of a lego gun, can change almost everything, thinking about a 300 winmag barrel down the track, possibly some cerakote for this .500 setup and a lopro red dot, that may change after a bit of time behind the trigger, pretty stoked at the moment! Looking forward to shooting it on the weekend, pretty intimidating hole out of the muzzle

1 Like

Wow I bet your stoked to finally have it and have a 1 of a kind in Aus. It certainly looks a lot different to what I imagined. When you said like a shotgun I suppose I thought of wood stock. That has a really aggressive looking pistol grip. i am sure that will help with the recoil though. It looks like a gun that would knock you off your feet.

1 Like

Oooohhhhh nice! Must be awesome, to finally have it! I know when you started looking! Very nice. Love it. I like the look too. Wood furniture is nice, but I like this look more for a badass calibre like this.

1 Like

Congrats mate, looks like heaps of fun. even has free wifi by the looks of it!

2 Likes

What length barrel is it? Tell us about the loads you intend to shoot projectile weight and MV type of thing?
I know why they dont need a magazine, nothing is going to move after being on the receiving end of one of those slugs.

1 Like

Nice one AT, Love It… BTW,@GUN-DMC, Free wifi :rofl: You one funny mofo… , PS, I’ll just take the “FREE” bit to mean that I’ll be provided a couple of “free beers” when we eventually meet up… RAZ… :wink::rofl:

1 Like

@GUN-DMC took me a while to get the wifi comment :joy: apparently its some kind of recoil mitigation system, and i’ll take all i can get with this cannon, certainly not the prettiest of guns but will pack a puch, sure to put a smile on a few of your faces when you run a few throught it, ( theres probably a pun in there ) @sungazer i think its a 20" barrel with no real moving action is what makes it short. Only got my hands on maybe 150 300 grain cartridges, which i think will come out around the 1378 ft a second as per the box anyway, they,re light loads for a revolver, hoping to find some big dirty 700 grainers in Australia at some point. When someone goes " oh its only a single shot blah blah blah " i’m going to say what you said :joy: @juststarting i get a little precious with wood, plastics ok but you’ll see this plastic has casting marks all over it not ideal for an expensive gun but meh

1 Like

Yep I reckon one hole made by that will be enough!! :smiley:

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces

Took the rifle up the local forest this morning, got a break in the weather and put some shots into a stump :grin: really liking this style of rifle, light and handy but packs a punch, recoil i would say is comparable to a 308 however with the limbsaver and recoil managment wifi system in the stock it feels like a bit of a longer push than a standard rifle, given me s good idea of what i’m going to do with it setup wise and how i’ll employ it in the field

That’s awesome mate, those holes look like they should stop the dinosaurs nicely.

1 Like

They are really solid holes. Haven’t seen something like that before . Thats real penetration JS will be envious :grin:

1 Like

I’m a little. That looks like Noojee landscape, @AusTac

1 Like

I reckon its Mt Robertson SF?

1 Like

Haha good guess @sungazer Mt Dissa, i paid $1.80 a litre at the local servo so went to the closest damn forest i could get to! I kinda wish i stuck a twig in to see how deep them projies went in, the 700grainers are going to be SAVAGE

If ya ever chasing buff ya should be set especially if ya get some 700’s!!!
Nice work :sunglasses: :beers:

2 Likes

Have you found load data for 700gn pills yet mate?

Found some forum posts and stuff but nothing really solid i could rely on, alot to get my head around as well

@AusTac if you would like you can borrow (long term) that set of scales I showed you. I didnt think you were at the reloading stage yet. I can bring them to the next shoot or you can pick up.

@sungazer, what scales you got for him?

Some Chinese ones I bought off ebay they are electronic really pretty good for the price I would recommend them for reloading to within 0.05 grn they measure to 1 milligram but have about +/- 2 milligram at times 0.03 grns. Often better.

2 Likes