Shutting down gun shops (COVID-19 related)

I’m glad we stopped this from happening.

1 Like

Mate, you’re in fudd country now. Just wait, you will get old c*nts supporting him, like, hey if we just sit quietly and don’t say anything, he won’t take our guns away later. Fudds will fudd.

1 Like

p.s.
Email from club - LRD has stopped processing PTAs.

Was at my LGS today, apparently there’s been a big push up here (and possible class action moving forward) and they’re hoping to have the restrictions amended to include RE1 shooters, he was hoping for it to go through this arvo but is fairly confident it will be very soon. Not sure about other states but here RE1 is a recreational hunting shooter which is on every AB licence.

Fingers crossed he’s on the money.

2 Likes

The smartass in me wants to say that’s fine. I’ll just purchase from professionals running a business.

1 Like

I just read a statement by Cindy McLeish MP that the stay at home directive includes bans against Solo Outdoor Activities. Such as fishing, shooting and hunting.

1 Like

I never did like her!

But Exercise is an acceptable reason? According to the ads they are showing on TV.

They’re really trying to use this disaster to set the rules as to what ways of life are & aren’t acceptable, and it’s pissing me off.

So you can walk around a park bumping into other people, but you can’t walk around the bush where no-one is because you’re carrying a gun. What a load of shit.

2 Likes

Or fishing.

Hey take it easy with the ''Old Cnts’’ :laughing: i’m 65 and I say they have no idea of what shooters want or need its their agenda and theirs alone ,these Fckn gun law makers need to get some of that grey matter working and do something constructive like catch criminals instead of assuming every one is a potential murderer , these turd burglers think we are trying to stock pile ,we are not we are just buying some for now and some for later bit like medication :grin: And no i’m not a ‘‘Fuddy’’ but when I become one it looks like i’ll have to buy my own vaseline :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

My apologies, @grandadbushy. Certainly didn’t mean it like that. Not all of them are old, but all of them are cnts. Heard few times, on the range “oh, this is why there are laws, look at that fella” when someone and on occasion I, pull something new, tactical or in chassis out of the bag at the range. That said, the two old cnts :stuck_out_tongue: who are ROs are the coolest gun living nutters I’ve met, encouraging people to bring more handguns and tacticool rifles (to public range) for people to see. So definitely, not all older nutters are cnts. Fudds come in all ages and genders.

1 Like

Yeah I know what ya mean you don’t have to go to a range to find those that would gladly comply with stupid laws then saying ‘’ yeah maybe we don’t really need to upset the law makers so we’ll just sit on the fence and hope for the best’’ not cool in my books ,if law makers fek up they need to be called out for it and its good to know all the stupid law makers are down in your country they tend to leave us alone up here

1 Like

I reckon this closing down of the gun shops because of the virus is being used like a battering ram to loosen up areas they are bogged down with the gun laws bit like a levy when it’s on it never goes back the same. stopping the sale of ammo is a lead up to controlled buying of ammo ie. lots only to be sold in x amounts and possibly over a given period . I wouldn’t rule this out these arseholes would do anything even if it didn’t work. I don’t know why they’ve closed the gun shops as supermarkets are still open and people are almost arm in arm in the aisles so why can’t they have ring up pick up at the gun shops bit like a drive in gun shop there’d be less human contact than at a shopping centre

Quite possibly in regards to ammo.

1 Like

A bit like the import tax for cars etc, it was put in place to protect Australian manufactures. Now that Ford and Holden have stopped making cars why is the tax still in place?

3 Likes

Yep exactly and they know it works to put something on or pull something in a supposed disaster period that is a basis for further change if needed. in moments like this they plan and implement at the most opportune moment for the least kick back ie the corona virus what better time to implement and test the waters on gun laws or the push for tighter gun laws . shutting the gun shops is like kicking sand into shooters eye’s just because they can but mark my words this ,what they’ve done here with the closing of GS’s and how they have gone about it is only forcing further distrust from voters toward the gov, which in the long term as the numbers of gun owners grow will be detrimental to each and every pollie and maybe cost them their seat at the poll

From the National Shooting Council.

1 Like

Just received an email back from my federal member. I know it’s a state thing but I thought I would send a letter to my local federal member as well and I was suprised with the response.

How well said!!

I did not hear Ms Neville’s statements but have no doubt your argument is sound.

I also agree that to halt the sales of guns and ammunition in order to halt DV is a rational slide when to date I have seen no evidence to prove the link. That may be because I have not studied it in depth mind you. However, the link between alcohol abuse and domestic violence is well documented.

If gun owners must jump through psychological hoops to gain the right to gun ownership in the first place, and are continually monitored by police, that should be sufficient. I can well imagine how every target shooter and hunter gun owner would be offended at the state government move, on the inference you must all be ‘potentially dangerous’.
– Lisa Neville also stated that they were concerned about people buying too much ammunition. This sector is highly regulated, as you are aware. Every ammunition sale is recorded, and gun owners have to be able to show police where the ammunition is stored. Each sale is registered and given to police, who regulate the quantity.

Regarding the link to DV statistically in between 2010 and 2014 (from the AUSTRALIAN DOMESTIC AND FAMILY VIOLENCE DEATH REVIEW NETWORK 2018 report)

• 48.8% of male DV offenders were using alcohol at the time of offence

• 50% of female DV offenders were using alcohol at the time of offence

• in the sample data in the report, for male offenders 31.4% used a sharp weapon (knife etc),
    17.4% used no weapon,

15.7% strangled or suffocated. **

11.6% used a firearm** .

3.6% of female offenders use a firearm** .

82.1% used a sharp weapon.

So statistically, if the DV argument was to stand up, bottle shops should be shut, as alcohol, not gun ownership is far more likely to result in DV.

NSW has opted to keep gun shops open at this time, until the health advice is to shut retail stores. The NSW Cabinet argued correctly, how can one sector be targeted, without targeting all retail. There is currently a group of Melbourne gun shop owners looking at launching court action against the Victorian state government for discrimination in this move.

Regards

Anne Webster

Federal Member for Mallee

5 Likes

Good stuff mate.

1 Like