Shutting down gun shops (COVID-19 related)

Still a win!

While it may seem like a win, i think it just reveals the fact that the closures have nothing to do with “health” and all to with stopping the release of guns and ammo to the public, and that’s a very disturbing prospect.

1 Like

I don’t think it needed to be proved, @JSS. They were very clear about it.

Very short sighted though. Because, this is now going to be stockpiled when opportunity arises. I’m indifferent if you have 1 or 1000 rounds, but what they tried to achieve… It had certainly had the opposite effect.

What a bunch of cowards, as usual.

has made submissions for arrangements to be provided for firearm dealers to resume trading with the following requests:-
Supply and allow all requirements to primary producers for the protection of livestock.
Members who are involved in feral pest control.
Resume online purchases.
Be able to take interstate transfers.

After discussions with Weapons Licensing Branch Queensland, Permits to Acquire and Licence Applications / Renewals are all still being processed, albeit at a slower than normal pace due to reduced staffing.

What about just normal state of operation, it’s as if they immediately assume the losing position and start growling for handouts. What a bunch of subservient nobodies.

And to say - we made a submission… No, SIFA and all associated commercial organisations made a submission, they literally just took the credit.

My wife just sent me this, I’d say it’s off Facebook so could be bullshit (I put very little faith in info from Facebook at the best of times) but I thought I should share it.

Could be worse, here is the latest from SSAAWA, as you will note there is nothing about gun shops being forced to close. The only mention of it is on their FB page where they showed a letter that Ric Mazza MLC wrote.

1 Like

VIC followed…

(http://www.ozgunsales.com/listing/77167/victoria_police_temporary_changes_to_firearm_and_ammunition_regulations.html)

Good morning everyone,
The Licensing and Regulation Division would like to reiterate the importance placed on Victorian’s health and safety during this State of Emergency.

Following a decision by National Cabinet, the Licensing and Regulation Division has been advised there will be a suspension of all firearm transactions including the sale, hire and loan of firearms and ammunition for the reasons of Sport or Target Shooting, Clay Target Shooting and Recreational hunting.

This suspension, effective immediately, will remain for the duration of the COVID-19 emergency.
Those with a genuine need for access to ammunition and firearms for a clear occupational requirement, will be able to continue to access firearms and ammunition for these purposes.

We understand this change has evolved suddenly, however, we would appreciate your cooperation and continued support during these uncertain times.

Please find attached a copy of the signed Notice of Variation for your reference. If you have further questions or concerns please contact [email protected] and forward this email to any other firearm dealers in Victoria.

Stay safe and kind regards,
Licensing and Regulation Division
Regulatory Services Department
Victoria Police

Couple more comments from The Age - The live thread @ 9:57

The new regulations to quell the sale of firearms and ammunition in Victoria, which have spiked amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Applications for firearms have doubled recently, police said.
“There is no need to be stockpiling firearms,” Victoria Police deputy commissioner Shane Patton said.

When they refer to applications, do they mean PTAs? Would be interesting to see how many people are applying for a licence.

First time shooters? My money is on ‘heaps’.

When i was last in my LGS a week ago Counter guy was showing a young fellow, there for the first time, a Sako 85 300 win mag.
crazy.

Not following your comment, mate, “heaps”? And what’s wrong with 300WM :slight_smile:

I was in a LGS yesterday albeit not one in the suburbs but I was surprised that the shelves of ammo had not been harder hit. They were out of 223 as I overheard one customer and they had several of the OSA ammo cans full the week before. As far as gun sales go I think they still had all the shelves full. They do seem to be normally get a new gun in within a couple of days if the distributor has it in stock so the shelves may not be a good indication.

Most likely.

Could be some nice once used guns coming up for sale soon lol

2 Likes

Load of shit and, what’s’a’me’call’it - lying through omission. Press conference said domestic violence, then this… Apathetic shooter. Lalalalala.

Definitely to the choir, @LAFO. It is what it is, but…

I am hoping someone more politically savvy than I could post a list of pollies people could email to. It would be helpful. It’s not hard to email and politely communicate the offensive undertone, but yep - need a list of contacts. I can pin the topic when it’s posted…

All of this bullshit can only be enacted because they know who’s got what and where they keep it. A young bloke at the lgs today drove all the way in from the Bush (work) just to pick up he’s new gun unbeknown of the new communist restrictions had to sadly leave he’s new firearm at the shop fully paid and not knowing when he can actually take it :pensive:

Mmmm, little red herring here methink.

Registry or not (which is a tangent we all went on at some stage) - this mandate can be implemented (and has, for example, in California), it’s against the supply chain, not the buyer.

You can still buy firearms and ammo. They are controlling the supply chain, not the consumer. That is, while you can buy things, nobody is going to sell you things. Don’t think registry is part of this conversation, to be honest.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Legal Action for Gun Shop Closures

Fuck yeah!