Shutting down gun shops (COVID-19 related)

If anyone wants too have their say, please send emails to these addresses…

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

2 Likes

They have put on exemptions in for farmers and aboriginal hunters to access gun shops now.

2 Likes

Now QLD joins us as well,

1 Like

So much for the PM’s remark that an Essential job is anyone that still has one. Bugger I have a warranty claim in the process from a GS in QLD.

We’re onto the situation in QLD, although being a weekend realistically nothing is likely to happen in the next couple of days.

We’ve written to the Chief Medical Officer in Queensland asking her to justify her decision that gun shops are “Non-essential” and must be closed, too.

In a worst case scenario surely they could quite easily be operated in an online and “by appointment” format.
Rebel Gun Works sent out an email this morning setting out how they intend to continue on. Although i’m not sure if it was before or after this latest Gov release.
It’s also on their website if anyone’s interested.
https://www.rebelgunworks.com.au/

1 Like

The e-mail From Rebel Gun Works went out before the declaration from the Government was widely disseminated, so not sure if they knew about it or not when they sent it.

The official Declaration from the Government has no exemptions for online sales, even of the “order online, pay online, pick up without interacting with anyone except to show them your receipt and licence” variety.

We’ve e-mailed the Premier of QLD asking her to declare the shooting industry an Essential Business - especially pointing out it’s ridiculous that homeware stores and high-end fashion retailers are apparently “essential” but gun shops are not, despite their necessity to farmers, pest controllers, hunters, and everyone else with a gun licence.

Here is some interesting listening for everyone…

1 Like

From the SSAA regarding cat H requirements state by state.

https://ssaa.org.au/news-resources/firearms-industry/category-h-participation-requirements?fbclid=IwAR0n3RWzKX8o-2ntkosJqBSRXg0RXWtnJFzjajkMXPHXcdhtbVHLghOYjwo

I love the bit below from WAPOL, how can we follow social distancing to meet our requirements when you have shut the bloody clubs down!!!

“The Western Australia Police Force Licensing Enforcement Division has advised firearms clubs to manage their members according to current social distancing protocol and Government recommendations and regulations.”

What pisses me is that in the wapol letter regarding the required shoots they say they don’t have the power to waive the requirement yet they have the power to shutdown gun shops overnight. Which in turn makes it even harder to do the shoots if you need ammo by the way.

3 Likes

The new cat H shoot requirements are to be done as follows:-

1)- Get your mate to video this from the required social distance for proof of the shoot.
2)- Set up some targets in your front yard.
3)- Put your gun belt on and holster your sidearm.
4)- Get a handful of rocks and throw them at your target while the bloke filming makes loud “PEW PEW” noises.
5)- Repeat this as many time as needed while making sure to use different sized rocks for different calibre shoot requirements.
You have now done everything within your power to do your shoots under the conditions they have provided you.

5 Likes

Love it, can’t wait to see the look on my neighbors face while I give it a go lol

1 Like

1 Like

So i guess boating, camping & fishing is still an essential service because BCF is doing click & collect. If they can be open surely a gun shop should be allowed too.

2 Likes

Just come back from the supermarket and drove past our local BCF and Bunnings, both carparks are full with people coming and going.

QLD Health - let’s shut down gun shops because DV.

…and there’s that: https://www.northernstar.com.au/news/medical-professionals-skipped-quarantine-santiago/3983955/

I am guessing they are having their licences revoked? AMA is on to it, right?

1 Like

But they only skipped the quarantine because they were trying to get to the gun shop before they closed.

1 Like

I want to spend stimulus money on a Berika black ops but I’m not sure lgs will still be around to give it to me

An update from a WA gun shop. They will be opening but can only sell accessories etc, no ammo, guns or loading consumables… small win I guess.

Here is another update !!! We will be open tomorrow !

Please read the post before asking questions :slight_smile:

Claremont Firearms and Industry sought to gain a clearer understanding of the recent ruling by the Government in regard to the Directions- Closure of Gun Shops

This new clarification was sought and received as below late Monday afternoon.

The WA Police Force are aware this will have an impact on the Firearms Industry and in response to significant number of email inquiries the following information is provided relating to the ‘Closure of Gun Shop Directions’ (No 2):

• Although the Direction applies to Dealer and Repairer Firearms Licence holders only, this advice also applies to the holder of a Manufacturers Licence and those Dealer, Repairer and Manufacturers Licences that are the holders of a Warehouseman approval;

• The closure of a Gun Shop relates to the part of the Gun Shop that sells firearms and ammunition. Should you sell other items (may that be firearms accessories, camping supplies, hardware, etc.) you may still trade in other items at the same premise;

By appointment you may trade in firearms and ammunition ONLY to:

• A primary Producer;
  • A vermin eradication professional (this includes a licensed Pest Controller or Professional Kangaroo Shooter);
  • An Aboriginal person who is entitled to exercise a native title right to hunt over particular land and waters; and
  • Any other person approved by the State Emergency Coordinator.

In relation to the repair of firearms:

• Firearms that were taken in for repair prior to 1200 hours on the 28 March 2020 may be returned to the licenced owner once repairs have been completed; and
  • Firearms taken in for repair after 1200 hours on the 28 March 2020 are not to be released to the owner.

The holder of a Manufacturers Licence (including Ammunition Manufacturers) may only dispose of firearms or ammunition to:

• A Primary Producer;
  • A vermin eradication professional (this includes a licensed Pest Controller or Professional Kangaroo Shooter);
  • An Aboriginal person who is entitled to exercise a native title right to hunt over particular land and waters; and
    -Any other person approved by the State Emergency Coordinator.
  • The holder of a Manufacturers Licence may also dispose of firearms and Ammunition to licenced Dealer;
  • Transportation of firearms and ammunition by an Approved Commercial Carrier may continue; and
  • The holder of Dealer, Repairer and Manufacturers Licence who holds a Warehouseman approval can no longer receive firearms for warehousing as from 28 March 2020.

What does this mean?
We are open for sales of product that isn’t firearms, ammunition or component thereof, unless your one of the 4 groups underlined above
We ask that you book a time whenever possible – we have 4 slots available , in 20 minute intervals .
We are still seeking clarification as to whether we are permitted to release new firearms, or firearms stored in our storage facility.

As such, we will immediately implement the following
-Maximum of 5 customers in store at any time
-Due to Health & Safety concerns Claremont Firearms is temporarily 18+ only
-Strictly enforce 1.5m social distancing
-No viewing, handling, purchasing of firearms, ammo or components unless prior booking is made
-Customers to keep their visit to a maximum of 20 minutes
-Please refrain from handling any stock unless you intend to purchase it
-Payments are made via Paypass or other touchless form of payment wherever possible.

Entry is subject to compliance of the above points. Non-compliance will result in being asked to leave.

Again , we thank everyone for their patience and understanding throughout this difficult time and ask for your patience as we change and move with the evolving situation.

Claremont Firearms Team