Show us your 22s

it’s one of those love or hate colour schemes.

Brain pick

My most treasured rifle is the Model 04 my late Mum gave me for my 13th birthday, weirdly I don’t have a pic and he’s disassembled to sqeeeeze everyone into the safe.

I read somewhere, can’t find it, that without serial no’s a date range can only be vague and something about what’s stamped on the barrel.

Mine says

Yeah, someone has to be REALLY familiar with nuances of this specific rifle series to be able to narrow it down without a serial. Otherwise, a quick google search gets you somewhere here: 1904 - 1931

Yeah, the quick google got me that, apparently the difference is that after a certain point they were marked with .22Long Rifle as well.
As you say, esoteric knowledge needed.

From short to extra long? Something must be a little loose at one end. I guess as long as nothing gets out of alignment its ok.

Picked up my 1450 Anschutz…got a feeling its gunna shoot really well, looking at the barrel. And yay Central Vic Bangsticks had 200, 357 magnum cases and 40 odd Hornady XTP bullets! I bought all they had!!

Here it is…oldie, but a goodie!

2 Likes

I love my 1450, they are a great little gun.

1 Like

Shoot any good? I think this one will. Might give it a bedding job too yet…

Nice little bit of kit there

1 Like

Yeah mate, its a ripper.
Ive never benched it and pumched groups other than to sight it in but its been great on the bunnys.

1 Like

My 1450 is a sweet little rifle too

1 Like

Any one bedded there Anschutz 1450?? Or simply shim under the chamber portion of the barrel to enable barrel floating…?

OK, it’s not my .22 but it is a ridiculously awsome one.

Full Auto Beltfed .22LR

That is just fing awesome who wouldnt love to give it a go or own one.

Funny thing is the amount of flak he got for chopping down a tree.

He’s always shooting down trees or dragging them down with his army truck or doing something silly. Good entertainer and a good shot.

My Lithgow LA101

4 Likes

Savage 22lr and Crossman Air Rifle

5 Likes

Well… The time has come to say good buy to this old gal.

It’s was simple, rugged, compact and pretty much a perfect bolt action 22 all rounder. But… Not being one for too many 22 bolt actions and trying to stick to one-in-one-out rule, this is what I was willing to let go (actually, 3 out). And sell up for something different.

Requirements, must be rugged, at most 18" barrel (this is what Ruger compact was) and handy. Must be an acceptable all rounder, hunting, plinking and PRS… After some research and handling @Supaduke’s extension I went down the Cz path.

Behold! 16" thick AF varmint barrel. CZ 457 Pro Varmint Tactical (also, swappable barrel, so can do 22WMR and 17HMR, that’s pretty neat). And of course first thing I did is took it apart and adjusted the trigger. It’s not bad, but could be better.

Standard setup with 5 round mag…

Of course there is no shortage of Cz mags here, so yeah. Although ACME (the Australian made one) magazines look a lot better (not in pic). But, here she is.

So far, very impressed, trigger 8/10 after adjusting everything on it. Maybe better, but without shooting it it’s hard to tell. Can’t wait to for next month to run it through the comp. Although, I also want to run 515, maybe I will compete twice :slight_smile:

Scope: Vixen 3-12, have been super happy with them so far.

4 Likes