Show us your 22s

This is the part to discuss… critique of script & production values aside…

I wasnt aware the Lithgow was so well known in The States.
Also didnt know CZ had released the 457, any one tried one?

Yeah, i have the precision trainer. As accurate as the 455 but better Trigger and bolt throw. Not much else to say.

1 Like

I have two of the listed rifles. The LithGOW has definitely lived up to its hype and reputation. It’s my first recommendation for a quality .22lr at a reasonable, albeit slightly on the premium end, price.

The Ruger Precision Rimfire is…Fun. It’s pretty accurate, it is not as good as the Lithgow. In fact none of my .22s , which is a few, get anywhere near the Lithgow for easy repeatable accuracy.

I shot several variations of CZ .22lr rifles. Some have been lasers, some were mediocre at best. CZ make an excellent product but if you come in at the entry level your results will vary from good to excellent.

Savage is good but no better than any rifle at that price point. Ruger American being one.

Vuudoo is now established as the competition leader, at $3k+ it would want to be. For the money they ask, anything less than perfection would be unacceptable.

In my opinion, after shooting a lot of different .22s.

• Below $600 , great second hand rifles to be had, anything new will be a slight lottery on accuracy, fit and finish. May get a cherry, may get a lemon.

-After $600 accuracy will become far more consistent and you are buying features and finish.

-After $1000 you are getting into less compromise towards cost and will see marked improvement in accuracy.

-After $1500 you are getting into rarified air. Any .22 above this price point will be superb. At this stage you are paying for stock configuration, all machined parts will be excellent.

One caveat: of course gems and turds can be found at any price point, lemons become the exception as you go up in price.

1 Like

Gotta say, i’m still very tempted to get a Lithgow.

I hear they’ve reduced in price to around 40 bucks… at least as far as my wife knows! :rofl:

4 Likes

My wife thinks they are on special for $35 and come with 1,000 rounds of ammo and a gunbag.

4 Likes

My recently acquired Lithgow single shot is The PEAK of .22lr coolness.

6 Likes

Lithgow Model 1 gang gang.

I noticed yours has a two toned wood stock though. Is your one a later model where the trigger was attached to the action?

Mine is an earlier one with the trigger in the stock itself.

At this stage I have no idea. I bought it for $50. It was a Lithgow, in reasonable condition and had a little badge. I didn’t even know it was a model 1 tbh. I have to strip , clean and research it a bit.

What he’s saying is that he bought the badge and discovered that it came with a rifle.

1 Like

The trigger is hinged off the stock. Not attached to the action. Possibly a repaired stock, if so they did a nice job. Can’t tell if it’s factory or a repair. Model 1, has a surprisingly nice trigger. And yes, the badge got it over the line.

You might be interested in this document

It has a bit about all the different Lithgow Model 1s.

1 Like

So anyone else got any 22s to share? Suuuurely someone somewhere has something, weird, cool or awesome?

I do but it’s not a gun lol, :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yeah but is it cool, awesome, or just plain weird? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I think more weird than anything.

1 Like

Let’s get back to 22s shall we…

:slight_smile:

Had this one for a while, waiting for a replacement firing pin. And while I was waiting… A sexy little Weaver x4 came my way.

Fun little pew. Certainly has some weight to it.

Mmmmm.

4 Likes

Correction, Burris. But I managed to get a couple of this profile scopes, which I’m happy with.

So the CZ-515 got an update. After experimenting with a few different red dots of 1x and 3x mag. I arrived at the decision I wanted to get an LPVO.
So here it is, a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6 x 30.
BDC reticle and it’ glows , oooooo

Yet to try it (Thanks Dan) , it shoulders very nicely and is very easy to get behind. Two eyes open on 1x is very easy. 6x mag seems adequate for accurate shots out to 100m. Overall seems like a very nice scope and a good fit for the CZ.

It has stadia but you can’t see them.
Looks like that.

7 Likes

He is glorious.