Show us your 22s

Well, I like your new additions, and wouldn’t mind one or two myself, but you had to stay at home all those weeks, so you probably deserve them more than me…

Uh, right. Interesting observation, albeit from a limited sample, but from all Melbourne based LAFOs I know (reasonable sample), all splurged.

Present: Silver Girl, Brno 2 1980, RAR Target.
Absent: PO4R Quad, Brno 2 1966, 452 UltraLux

3 Likes

I want a 66 Model 2 Brno. Good taste.

Yeah Ill happily bastardise an 80s model 2! Thats my boy Elliotts first rifle. 6yo’s taste eh?

Decided to refresh some of the recent acquisitions.
Before

After

6 Likes

That looks great mate.

1 Like

Great job mate. Looks a lot better.

1 Like

Another bargain bin special.
Pieper -Bayard Brevete, .22 semi auto single shot.
Straight blowback single shot

It’s weird and I like it. There is a nice rifle hiding all that gunk and grime.
I’m going to clean it up a bit.
$50 , easy sale.

4 Likes

And after a bit of a clean up. Was a bit gritty and grimy. Action cleaned up, runs well now. Have the stock anonce over with oil.

2 Likes

Next projects given an inspection, clean and stock oil. A Cooey 75 , and a Lithgow /Slazenger 12 with field instruments scope.
It’s terrible to look through but looks awesome and is a bit of Australian heritage.
Nearly all the blueing is gone on the Cooey. I’m probably going to restore that one. The Lithgow I’m undecided.
They cost $50 each and have no true collector value, so I just would like them to look a bit better.

Edit: so I fixed up the cooey a bit

and also picked up this old Remington model 12

2 Likes

I recon, from all 22 pump actions I’ve shot, I think Remington 12 is easily within top 3 in how smooth it operates. Winchester 61 at the top.

Rem 12, Win 62 and Win '06 are fighting for 3rd

Everything else (deep breath, yes, even the modern Henry pump) is 3rd or below.

However, subjective, based on how you like the ‘pump’ to run. Smooth; or very positive click so to speak, hard to explain. IMO smooth over positive action.

1 Like

So this happened (9422) in near mint condition:

Wood and blued steel, no paint or aluminium, US made Winchester circa 1976-1977:
giphy

…and this:

This was bound to happen, I was looking for second bolt action 22, believe it or not I don’t actually own many bolt action 22 (2 to be exact), something classic perhaps and @Supaduke suggested a bit of out of the box thinking there… That thing is a laser beam!

3 Likes

So I completely went back on my no more bolt action 22s, especially single shot bolt action 22s, but… Technically speaking it falls under the milsurp bucket and that’s okay, so everything is still accurate! This is how it is, this is what I am going with.

I had a lot of fun with it over the weekend.

5 Likes

I have another mate with one of those, you can’t even tell it went bang coz the rifles so heavy

True. But heaps of fun.

Very nice mate, definitely a nice one to add to the safe. Let me know if you decide not to keep it… more pics?

I can take more pics, looks just like a No1Mk3 (primarily because it is). Nothing special.

I am not not keeping it. Which means I’m keeping it.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Locking the forum

Discuss…

https://youtu.be/x05BKgCLmqk