Show us the stuff you made pic's required ...

Then maybe it needed walls, maybe enclose half of it for a feed shed, that’ll need a floor now,…

!

20200901_081313|690x335

4 Likes

Walls came next, better make a window while I’m at it, better get some proper weatherboards as the “chainsaw/bush pole” carpentry went by the wayside ages ago…

Now it needs a water tank.

Better start lining the inside…

So, six months later, with a few breaks for family crisis’s, harvest, etc… I find myself contemplating getting it wired up for lights and power, putting a verandah and deck on one side, using half of the horse stall for my blacksmiths shop,… fuck I love simple projects!

7 Likes

Awesome mate. The “basic” structure plan, certainly evolved. :sunglasses: Funny how that happens. :wink: :beers:

Yeah, it’s gotten a bit out of hand. All of the timber used, ( apart from the t & g flooring and weatherboards ) was milled from logs off the farm using a simple jig I made up for the chainsaw, right down to the 4 x 2’s.
It’s all native cypress as that’s the last thing the termites here will chew on, although they will eat it too!

Yes, looks good. I know the feeling , my projects always start out basic. By the time I’m done, there’s always a few “enhancements” and once the missus starts offering input the cost goes up 50%

Bottom floor of Cluckingham Palace completed, including slide out poo tray. Just need paint and mesh.

2 Likes

Nice work, people!

Working bee at my place when you’re done! :rofl:

4 Likes

You providing the piss, mate ?.. I’ll help ya drink it while they do the work… :beers:

1 Like

Nah, you all country boys, you know your way around hammers and like other hammerish looking things, that my soft IT hands are just not compatable with. So you keep working, I will provide motivation and morale through entrainment, i.e. stfu and get back to work, I will be the one drinking mojitos!

2 Likes

He said as his scrawny keyboard punching fingers driped blood from the abrasiveness of the stubby cooler, when he bravely attempted picking up a beer, “ouch stubby coolers aren’t made from silk” … lol :rofl:

2 Likes

I said majitos, you fucking neanderthal. They come from a hip barman like @gwion, not some dust covered esky that has been farted on.

2 Likes

Lol… That actually looks pretty good, but this neanderthal hillbilly had to google it to see wtf you was talking about… :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue:
Also what you and giwon do in your own time is up to you, if you guy’s want to have a beer, you know where to find me… lol

1 Like

unnamed

2 Likes

In the mean time,

I tested the burner for the gas forge build. For the scientists amoung us lets get into the science, yeah It’s going to get pretty farking hot in there… Thesis done…

Note to self, watch ya eyebrows. … :astonished:

3 Likes

As long as you guy’s are happy, I’m happy… :blush:

1 Like

Damn you lot are creative!

2 Likes

@Supaduke you just love making the rest of us look bad dont ya. If I made a chick shed it would end up looking and being about as useful as a chicken coupe.

Nice work mate. Can I order one the daughter would like a guinea pig and cage.

2 Likes

Second story framed up. Will have a feed storage area, a roosting area and a nesting boxes area.
Will have the big door in the middle then a door on each end of the coop. One to access storage and one to access the rear of the nesting boxes. Will also have a slide out poo tray under the door in the roost area and removable floors in the nesting boxes.
Yeah I’m a chicken man now. Feel free to steal, borrow or alter my ideas. I do the same.
Last step is a pitched roof , then skin the top half in 6mm marine ply sheeting.

1 Like

Also finished the She Shed properly. Just in time for a NYE party. Worked really well for outdoor entertaining. Very happy how it’s turned out.

6 Likes

You are making us all feel bad. I have to buy a new gun, just to compensate for my lack of manliness! You see what you’ve done!

1 Like

You know they are just F nn dirty chickens right. They dig up the garden shit every where attract mice which attract snakes and they are not that cheap to feed. They do at least lay eggs most of the year. You might also get a few crows to shoot that try to steel the eggs and perhaps a few foxes.

1 Like