Say hello and introduce yourself :)

I don’t really know what a podcast is, but welcome all the same @Jim_Fleming

Ditto… I have heard of podcasts…

Welcome, Jim.

Gents, it’s sort of like a cross between a taped recording, and recorded radio… Except that you can play your podcasts (in a podcast player) at anytime you like.

I’m certain that you have a bit of familiarity with tape recorders and recordings, that’s the best analogy that I could come up with…

Thanks for the welcomes, friends. I mean that, thanks for the welcome, @juststarting, you have created a monster… :wink:

1 Like

Australian humour, mate… We are not complete ludites and technophobes… :wink::+1:

Hey guys,

I came across the post in the Ausguns subreddit, so I thought I’d sign up and say hey.
I live in rural Gippsland in Victoria, and have a keen interest in sports shooting.

I started out shooting clays, but due to availability, I’m looking more into long range target shooting, but as long as it goes bang, I’m interested.

Hey Roju. What area of Gippy: east, west, central?

G’day All
Finally got around to signing up here, thanks for the invite Gwion.
Some of you know me as Gamerancher.
My profile will give you some idea where I’m at.
Cheers

1 Like

Good to see you on board, Gamerancher. :+1:
You can edit your username if you prefer to stick with your old moniker.

Southeast. Near Yarram.

1 Like

Nah, I’m over that one. Plus, if anyone ever turns up at a silhouette match and asks for danmac, they will be pointed straight to me.

1 Like

Welcome aboard guys, good to see you here!

Cool… Dan it is, then. :slight_smile:

Welcome, mate. It was me posting. I’m in Melbourne. And yes, if it goes bang - I’m interested.

W00t, welcome, @danmac

My bad, sorry. It didn’t occur to me that someone would be busting my chops right away. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Think it might be time for a little more serious intro seeing as we have a bunch of new members i don’t know

I’m Austac, made the username when i was going through a phase thinking i was a real badass but badass i am not, however the usernames always available so it stuck

Been shooting about 3 years now, right into my .303’s air rifles and 12g shotguns, hang out with some of the good fellas in Vic occasionally, very occasionally i actually ’ hunt ’ but more of an armed bushwalker thats about me done :slight_smile:

bushwalking unarmed is like fishing sober, its just boring and sad!

2 Likes

Spend a year lifting weights and throw out your ethics and morals and you may make badass status :grinning: . Mate you should come up here and go for a a bit of a walk with me the freezer is getting low and a deer would be good. I have sort of made contact with a neighbor that has a deer problem too. I am think of asking him to go have a look on his property. I seem to have Sambar and on his property across the road he has Fallow and red. Its real low level hunting skill stuff and if not successful during the day there is always spotlighting. A very difficult task that I have given up on by myself.

1 Like

Oooooooo mandeer date I hear :open_mouth:

@sungazer i’ve been meaning to message you for weeks about getting back up there! Had a few busy ones, i’m very keen though, was trying to save up for a new scope after last times efforts, but im counting down the days ( possibly next month ) until the .500 comes ashore