Say hello and introduce yourself :)

Welcome @1more :slight_smile:

ā€¦also, here you go: Show us your 22s

Nice, I guess I should post a pic of one.

Thank you wombat.

Welcome aboard mate!
You must be a good bloke with a name like Ben!

Thanks Bentaz.

@1more Welcome to the forum, you will find a good bunch of people who are happy to help if you need any.

Thanks 1fatman, I appreciate it.

1 Like

Yep welcome mate, all i have to say is ā€˜ā€˜Be Carefulā€™ā€™ mate some on here ā€˜ā€™ i wonā€™t mention namesā€™ā€™ will lead you astray :laughing: :rofl: :rofl:

Welcome @Dunkx.

Are you a collector? Tell us about yourself and join in the threads, sounds like you have a wealth of knowledge to share with everyone :slight_smile:

Welcome @Dunkx :+1:

Gday, decided to sign up after lurking for a while.
Iā€™m in QLD, joined the SSAA and Shooters Union (lifetime) and will be joining my local pistol club next month to start on my Cat H.
Just recently got my A/B licence although I grew up with lots of guns in the house, most of them old ones like flintlocks and whatnot but a few rifles and shotguns too.
Shot a bit on property, some rabbit hunting and a pistol comp when younger but nothing for years.
My most recent birthday reminded me time is short and if I donā€™t start doing what I want, wellā€¦you guys get it.

My first purchases were a .22lr (Savage A22R) and a 12g (Adler B220).
Liking the Savage so far, just had the the trigger lightened (unfortunately couldnā€™t lighten the lever release) and will test the new trigger at the range tomorrow.
Cheers

2 Likes

Welcome aboard mate. :+1:

1 Like

Welcome aboard, a few of us have A22Rā€™s. Juststarting has his trigger better than mine but still heavy.

1 Like

Welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

ā€¦and Adlers

If you havenā€™t found out yet waxy ammo like SK rifle match will gum up the A22ā€™s magazine leading to failure to feeds.

1 Like

Cheers fellas
The Savages seem pretty popular, and theyā€™re a cool kind of interesting action. Glad I got mine for $435 though as at $700 or so at full price I probably wouldā€™ve gone for a bit more ā€œupmarketā€ second-hand 22.

And the Adler, well I reckon I might sell it and get another more ā€œseriousā€ .22 if/when I feel like competing, or a centrefire for hunting (got my NSW R hunting permit recently). Canā€™t find a range to shoot the Adler at yet, moved away from the country and visiting properties is a once in a blue moon only thing now. :pleading_face:

Oh yeah, the semiauto Crosman 1077 air rifle for $195 in a closish shop sounds like lots of fun too. Gonna put in a PTA very soon.

Edit: Thanks for the tip wombat, Iā€™ll keep that in mind. It seems happy with the CCI SV which suits me fine, nice and cheap.

@MangoBombs Welcome to the forum.

Hi all
Im peter from chch nz
64 yr old been shooting mainly shotgun sports since i was 13.
Pistol shooter and reloader as well as reloading 303 and 308, mainly cast bullet subsonics.
Like to play on my lathe and mill, moving house shortly and updateing my workshop, will be delving into rifle chamber inserts for pistol calibers in shotguns,
Also shoot my martini henrey and enfield

6 Likes

Pete, welcome! And I would looooove some inserts for my shotties. I think youā€™ll find a lot of like minded people here. :slight_smile: