Say hello and introduce yourself :)

Welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

…and Adlers

If you haven’t found out yet waxy ammo like SK rifle match will gum up the A22’s magazine leading to failure to feeds.

1 Like

Cheers fellas
The Savages seem pretty popular, and they’re a cool kind of interesting action. Glad I got mine for $435 though as at $700 or so at full price I probably would’ve gone for a bit more “upmarket” second-hand 22.

And the Adler, well I reckon I might sell it and get another more “serious” .22 if/when I feel like competing, or a centrefire for hunting (got my NSW R hunting permit recently). Can’t find a range to shoot the Adler at yet, moved away from the country and visiting properties is a once in a blue moon only thing now. :pleading_face:

Oh yeah, the semiauto Crosman 1077 air rifle for $195 in a closish shop sounds like lots of fun too. Gonna put in a PTA very soon.

Edit: Thanks for the tip wombat, I’ll keep that in mind. It seems happy with the CCI SV which suits me fine, nice and cheap.

@MangoBombs Welcome to the forum.

Hi all
Im peter from chch nz
64 yr old been shooting mainly shotgun sports since i was 13.
Pistol shooter and reloader as well as reloading 303 and 308, mainly cast bullet subsonics.
Like to play on my lathe and mill, moving house shortly and updateing my workshop, will be delving into rifle chamber inserts for pistol calibers in shotguns,
Also shoot my martini henrey and enfield

6 Likes

Pete, welcome! And I would looooove some inserts for my shotties. I think you’ll find a lot of like minded people here. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the welcome, also should mention ive had great sucess making smaller size lead shot, and ive built a bullet casting machine i saw on youtube, works very well

3 Likes

I’d be keen to see your shot maker, I’m keen to give that a crack too

Wow and a tutorial or write up on that… Just wow

I will second that.

Ill try and get some pics up

3 Likes

I had nothing to do over our 5 week lockdown, id tried a cple times before without much success so tried again.
Took a bit of trial and error to get the product presentable but got there in the end.
A few tricks to it, watched a lot of youtube vids and borrowed some ideas.

2 Likes

this is the machine

2 Likes

Welcome @anon73442478 , tell us about yourself mate, what sorts of shooting do you like?

Hunting mainly mate. All sorts of vermin.

1 Like

Nice, shooting bunnys is my most common shooting these days

Welcome @anon73442478, feel free to join in on the discussions and maybe post up some photos of your firearms.

Welcome @anon73442478! Friendliest group here!! Its my only online hangout

G’day mate, I’m near by, in bungendore actually . :+1::beers: