Savage A22R discussion

I know the price difference is only getting bigger between this and the CZ, but really there is no comparison.
Just save up and get the CZ, might be 3 times the price but it’s 10 times the gun!

I wouldnt say that the price has dropped right out of the A22. Its not much cheaper than what i paid for mine. Remember that there was a $200 cash back on a lot of the models up until now. NIOA has probably just passed this directly on to the gun shops rather than have to deal with every member of the public that buys one.

@bentaz 10 times the gun is a big statement. I do like the release on the CZ better and being that these guns main feature is the release I guess I would agree it wins the head to head. But the A22 in the pro varmint has a nice stock its well balanced light but sturdy and very accurate. Perhaps I would go to twice the gun but I like the price of the A22.

I stand by the 10x better. But I have never liked the savage, even before the CZ was introduced. JS brought his out here when he first got it and it’s always been just meh, but I love classic guns and then I like full tac-tard stuff like my berika with banana clip n red dot and the CZ.

Depends what CZ model @Lukeveltman was referring to…

I’ve had a chance to put a few hundred rounds through my profile varmint version.
The magazine loosens up a bit after some use. There is a knack to loading it, once you work it out, pretty easy.
Accuracy has been surprisingly good. Equal or better to any bolt action in the same price range.
The action is nice off a bench for plinking. Much heavier and longer gun than my cz515. For that price , I would buy one. I can’t speak for the sporter and stainless, but consider the pro varmint sits in a $250-$350 stock and it’s definitely a bargain.

1 Like

Here’s a review of the misfiring issue I ran into with my A22R. Really frustrating. Anyone had the same problem ?

1 Like

Looks like I have the same problem… Will be sending it back for repair this week probably. Nothing more to report… But seems like identical problem.

1 Like

Mine’s still okay…how many rounds would you say you guys have put through yours?
Have you dryfired a significant amount? I have but only a handful of times, put about 4000 rounds through it. Only clean it when it stops cycling properly, say 3 times?
Been considering selling it to help fund a handgun purchase (and to give me an excuse to get a nicer .22 rifle).

Not sure mate. A couple thousand maximum. Dry fire, very rarely. I think there’s an inherent issue, not sure.

Considering how much a new one goes for, you’d probably sell yours for no more than $200. For that amount of money you could just keep it and enjoy it :slight_smile: I think it’s a very fun and weird enough rifle to keep. I have no plans on selling mine.

Good point, I got mine because it was a unique action, and I have other things to sell before my guns.
Edit: Pressed post too early
I had to check but the c-words have the stainless barrel for $359! Cheaper than the bog standard one.

Have designed and made a few different magazine for the a22 and a17 recently if use are still interested. Keen to send a few out for testing. Just 15 and 23 rounds at this stage so depending on where you are, there are size restrictions as you know. Shoot through an email to [email protected] and I’m happy to send a few out for testing to those serious about it.

2 Likes

VIC here, so I’d love to see what you got in 15 round department?

I would also be happy to try a 15 round mag.
Also located in Vic.

Welcome mate, email sent. QLD

The mags look cool. Did you print most of the plastic bits?

Website if any of you guys are interested.

2 Likes

Yea mate, both halves are printed, springs are hand wound and all assembled with bolts.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried one of these magazines yet?

I’m skeptical about anything 3d printed thats sold as a finished product and not raw CAD files.

who’s to say the operator of the printer knows what they are doing? is the printer dialed in with all the necessary steps to make a high quality print? What printer are they using? What specs? What mods? Whats their printing process?

All these questions need answering, the material being used is but one small piece of a larger puzzle that is making a 3d printed object not absolute shit.

I’d rather make my own then trust some random person knows what they are doing…

Same could be said about anything you buy commercially.

1 Like

Couldnt agree more