Rifle bolt storage options.

As some of my milsurps are quite chunky bois, space in my safe is at a premium and now fitting 9 rifles in an 8 gun safe, I’m looking at ways to store my bolts to try and get things a bit neater.

I already have all rifles in socks. How do people store their bolt’s? Pencil cases is one option I’ve seen. Another is bolt bags (https://www.xhunter.com.au/products/atac-pro-bolt-bag-2-bolt-capacity). Any other ideas/thoughts?

Seriously, this is beyond freaking scary, I have an emotional twin. Don’t buy specific cases. I’ll take a photo of what I do in a bit.

1 Like

Cheers.

Some leather slips might be a thing

I was actually considering a tool roll made to hold spanners and it would work but only for some of my bolts. A lot of the large milsurp bolts wouldn’t fit well enough I don’t think.

Chefs roll, perhaps.

I was thinking the same thing which is scary.
The scary part is you are that alike you could be the same person… :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face: You both aren’t from Tasmania by any chance?

Just buy another safe, you’re going to need it. While you’re at start looking at eBay alarm systems, you’re also going to need one of those soon, you my friend are addicted!

To be sure, we are talking about @Nomis, ye? Because, definitely, he has a problem.

Alright fella, so, you go to Bunnings and get yourself a couple of things…

A pack of keyring tag things (https://www.bunnings.com.au/taskmaster-56-x-29-x-6mm-key-tag-with-key-ring-20-pack_p4040499):

I prefer this one
2020-01-10_22-02-08

…or:

Then, you go to a supermarket or look online and get yourself a few cheapest pencil cases you can find. Voila!

20200110_213910

This is part of ‘I just got a new bolt action rifle kit’ :slight_smile:

You’re welcome. :smiley:

I second this.

OP didn’t ask about second safe. OP asked how to store bolts in his second safe, before he needs to get the third one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just buy 2 more now and save the hassles later lol

Another safe is going to happen in the next 6 months or so. The budget just isn’t there for it right now… Because I purchased that Mosin.

Off to Office Works!

Success!

Pencil cases are in the top ammo safe. Most of my ammo is kept in a locked toolbox in another part of the house.

3 Likes

Toolbox? Sounds to me like you don’t have enough ammo. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did this.

1 Like