Permission to hunt on private land letter template

Time to start an OzGunLobby shooting club lol.

But seriously I wonder what is involved in starting your own club other than the land requirements.

That is an idea that has been kicked around, it was talk about that that led me to invite some blokes out for the first plinkfest.

1 Like

Vic Pol do have a form to become an Approved Club/Organisation for the Sport shooting genuine reason. Can’t seem to find any details, just the form. It wasn’t displayed anywhere on their website, had to search for it.

Link to the form: https://www.police.vic.gov.au/retrievemedia.asp?Media_ID=79867

It sounds like a good type of conversation to be had over a bottle of Bourbon.

@Tempestman thanks for that I’ll give it a look.
@1Fatman I like the way you think!

Will probably need to set up an association, pretty easy. But insurance and range infrastructure might be issues.

Incorporation is ACN - $800 + asic annual fees, so running cost of about 500
Indemnity insurance - at least $3,000 annually
Constitution (one of fee for template) and accounting - (certified accountant) - $1, 500 annually

So that’s circa $5,000 per annum running costs. Nothing special or evil, this is just how much it costs for an accountant, insurance and gov ACN fees.

All straightforward.

So say 10 members, that’s about $500 per year.

yeah, I just had a look through the paperwork and its not to scary…

Personally, however, I’d get in touch with shooters union, I was under the impression that they were building Vic presence.

They are not an approved club in Victoria, but trying to launch a Vic branch of SU would probably be easier than starting from scratch.

Unless you also register as a private mutual fund and offer insurance to the club. ROFL. That’s very regulated though. Amusing non the less. I mean, are we building an empire or what?!

I’m all for the empire, plus we could come up with a much cooler name than Shooters Union Vic!

Plinkatron 9000 inc.
Guncuntsannonamous.
shootin shit inc.

2 Likes

No chance trying to register as a private mutual fund though. You need a fellowed actuary to sign off on everything, from banking licences to APRA statements on financial reserving.

@Tempestman - that was a joke.

1 Like

Guess I tarded out there for a moment.

May be better to get a definition of what constitutes Target Shooting on private land. Is “Target Shooting” only when a competition is being held? is it shooting a target for score? or is it just plinking at silhouettes? Is the SSAA a club? or do you have to be a member of a club that is under the SSAA umbrella. Just like the Rifle club i am with has non of those running costs or individual insurance and governance as the club is under the VRA umbrella which is a member or the NRAA.

Competing is an advertised event, which is prohibited, unless you are on an approved shooting range. To answer your question, it’s for training/plinking.

It’s an association that has sub-clubs. That said, SSAA has ranges and holds shoots, hence target shooting is endorsed.

No, my target shooting got endorsed based on SSAA membership, not sub-club membership.

I thought we put this to bed? Is there any value milking this more?