Ordering stocks from USA

But it’s so worth it, lol.

1 Like

Okay, its awaiting clearance in SYDNEY as of Tuesday 22nd. Im guessing they’re gonna make me fork out for a bloody B709.

Add another $72 to the cost :frowning:

I just don’t understand why anyone would want a 44. Just get a lever action 22 and shoot twice - you still get 44.

I thought it was why wouldn’t you buy a 44, 'cause shooting twice is stupid…

Do they contact you and ask for a B709 or hold it and wait for you to contact them?

Yes, they will contact you but if its a firearm part and your tracking shows that its sitting in customs awaiting clearance for a long time (say, seven days) you best contact Australia Post (they handle anything USPS related or Fedex for almost everything else. Occasionally its DHL) first as they handle the delivery. Then when they tell you that its held in customs, ask them for some kind of job reference number: because nine times out ten you’ll get some retard at customs who has NFI. Occasionally you’ll get Peter, who is a dead set legend and obviously a shooter who goes to extreme lengths to get you your gun part ASAP.

In some states a B709 form from the police is like a purchase permit: Its free!!!

In the NT its not, and they charge like they’re in the NT or something. Unreal.

It arrived! Unmolestered, untaxed and intact.

*Paid Aug 05 2020
*Sent Aug 12 2020
*Touring US postal facilities for 35 days
*Trapped in Australian gulag 18 days

Total trip, man!

1 Like

Hell yeah brother, that awesome news!

Awesome! Did it require the B709?

That’s some actual progress for a change. Great to hear.

1 Like

No, but it might next time. Its sheer luck.

1 Like

Stock is not a firearm part. I’ve bought 2 or three from boyds and no import ticket required.

You’re probably right.

Boyds Pro Varmint in Coyote to suit Ruger Predator
+add stippling
+add gloss
+add AR15 magwell kit

Alright, bedded the bedding blocks to the stock. Will let it cure another day and see if there’s any rocking with just one action screw torqued.

4 Likes

Look nice mate.