Ordering stocks from USA

Excellent news then.

Another thing…It seems I can order up to $500 of GUN PARTS like triggers and stocks from Brownells. Like 1000 44MAG starline brass and a Timney trigger and its ready to take my money.

Yes, I wrote letters to my homeboy cheeto DJT, to the dept of Foreign Trade in the USA and here. I guess I wasn’t alone.

Expand on that please, so you can or you can’t or you are waiting on response?

2017 I wrote letters asking for the limit of ITAR governed purchases to be raised to $500 without requiring a permit, as per the USA’s deal with its ally, Canaduh.

Late last year I got an email from Brownells telling me that I was once again able to purchase products directly from them in the USA (they were directing us to follow the EU for a while) and now it seems we are on the same deal as the dog shagging Canadians.

Not saying my letters did anything. They probably went straight in the bin. But, I can dream can’t I? :drooling_face:

I thought that you need import permit for trigger groups and brass. The post reads like you can just order these from overseas to your door, which I don’t think is the case?

In the past I was able to order five boxes of Nosler 7mm/08 brass without the license, but then the ITAR things tightened up. It could just be that Brownells has removed the automatic “RESTRICTED ITEM” message. But I was able to add a whole bunch of stuff to my cart like the good old days without being hindered. There are still restriction messages on many items that simply cannot be shipped out of the USA, whether govt or commercial reasons is unclear. As soon as Sandy replies Ill let you know.

Come to think of it, I was able to order trigger groups, springs, sears and hammers. Small pin sets. Didn’t get any of those bits that go in between the trigger and the hammer though :wink:

Interesting.

You can order stuff and they will ship it but, There is still the good ole Aussie Customs to get through and some of the stuff you can order is regarded as a prohibited item in Aus and needs an import permit or exemption otherwise all you get is a letter saying that it has been confiscated. ie Seizure Notice from Border Force.

That’s what I was talking about, I am fairly certain most things mentioned cannot be ‘just’ sent, need an import paperwork.

Yeah I get those notices from Customs because I wait to see if my stuff clears before getting a B709. At $75 a piece in the NT, damn right Im waiting.

Funny how the shape of a piece of wood can determine legality.

1 Like

images-2

1 Like

While you were sleeping, Brownells staff were studying my emails.

My question “Can I buy more than $100 worth of 44 Mag nrass without an export license” was answered with and I quote:

"Regulations changed in March, we can ship the brass to you without an export license.

Thanks,

Niesje"

YEEEE YEEEEEEEE!

3 Likes

Usspuss tracking says my stock has left Chicago Intl and is on its way. Cool!

2 Likes

Mate you are on a roll

I will contain excitement until you have it in your hands.
Fingers crossed.

Yeah Bentaz, dont curse me!

1 Like

I’ve just found this thread and I await your delivery with baited breath as success would mean being able to order 6.5 Arisaka brass from the US at a fraction of the cost it is available for here.

1 Like

FYI:

My stock has been in Chicago International from 18th August until the 15th September. Its just left San Francisco international. They are injecting it with Covid.

Hollowing it out and filling it with cocaine takes time.