New firearms laws for WA

:grin:did give me a good chuckle

1 Like

Reading the Hansard debates for this whole thing is just jaw-dropping. It’s this messed up combination of “We don’t understand what we’re legislating and we don’t care, and we hate you so get stuffed”.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to read it. It just shows the contempt they have for us. The gel blaster crap was the same. Just shows how fake they are when they don’t have such a significant majority and have to pretend to like us.

They’re not even pretending, though. There’s an MP saying “So there’s some legitimate concerns about this from licensed shooters, like whether it will now become illegal to them to reload their own ammo or perform minor repairs on their guns or even legally own firearm instruction manuals” and the government MPs are pretty much going “Fuck you, you gun nut! Anyone who likes guns has something wrong with them anyway, and here’s some totally irrelevant bullshit about RWNJs from the US”.

Even the more level responses to “But this law will make it illegal for people to perform minor repairs on their own guns!” still seem to boil down to a cross between “How often does anyone need to do that anyway, really?” and “Sucks to be them, I guess”.

2 Likes

Paul Papalia just told the gel blaster guys they should have chosen a better hobby when they made them illegal relatively quickly with little consultation and i feel that is his exact attitude with firearms.

3 Likes

Has their popularity gone down with all the covid / border shit? Is there a chance for a new government at the next election?

I wish i knew mate. To me it seems like public sentiment has dropped but you never know.

2 Likes

Even if there is a change of government at the next election because people are still pissed about the border thing, a different political party isn’t going to say “Right, first order of business, fix the gun laws so they’re not complete hoplophobic bullshit”.

I would. Vote for me.

2 Likes

Is there even an opposition party left in WA to vote for. Happy days Clive?

so let me get this straight, my new cz515 I brought a couple of months ago came with a blow-apart and instruction manual on how to clean and lube it… that would be Illegal in WA ??

I’m not from WA, but just both curious and worried some idiot in my states electorate would be stupid enough to enact these same laws here …

Yes, as it is written. The cops have said if it is for a gun you are licensed for then you won’t get in trouble but it does not say that anywhere in the act.

I can see some court cases coming up due to overzealous cops needing to be put in their place. This law’s going to waste good peoples time & money.

2 Likes

They are about to pass the laws so they have to ramp up the propaganda machine. FFS

2 Likes

disgusting…

Time to move guys…

1 Like

all that stands out to me is the line " were just after the bikies, so you have nothing to worry about " is utter BS … they clearly attacking LFO

1 Like

My house is on that map. I’m not saying almost exactly, it is EXACTLY where my house is.

In one sense I’m reassured by how many licensed firearms owners there are in my neighbourhood.

In the other… WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING PUBLISHING IT???

4 Likes

That’s fucked man.

Papalia is apparently going to announce a complete rewrite of the gun laws in WA today. Make sense why they didn’t spend too much time on the shit they just passed.

not sure if its been covered, but are the NSC or Shooters union getting involved?? dare i say, will the ssaa be getting involved??