My Cadet Project

Rightio, up until now I have been casting, reloading for, and using my Dads cadet.
I now have my very own. Admittedly it needs some love to restore it to its former beauty. The front wood has been cut down :weary:, and the barrel is rogered. Fortunately I have a brand new barrel which I will have installed on my return from work. Still chasing a front wood. I will also try to remove the rust and reblue.
Open to any and all advice from you fine chaps on here.

3 Likes

Is it still 310? Timbers ate pretty easy to find…I hope to be making high comb, pistol grip buttstocks for them in the new year…

1 Like

Yes mate still in 310. You helped me sort a suitable mold for my dads a while ago so I intend on keeping it the same mate.

1 Like

I have been on the hunt for front timber but I can’t seem to source any. I found a bloke that can make them though.

1 Like

I hope the mold suited you rifle…google Recoil Firearms…he should have plenty of timbers. His Name is Tim Pelns.

1 Like

And another bonus is old Timbo is a decent bloke as well

2 Likes

Legend thanks for the info mate.

When you’re in the know, you’re in the know lol @CAVOK when you go to his little cave of treasures, be ready to spend, there’s shit there you won’t see anywhere else. In fact, I think I will make a trip next week, just because why not.

2 Likes

Tim does have a neat little set up. Last time I visited, he had a cache of Lithgow Lee-Enfields.

Only problem is that it’s right under the West Gate - an actually pain in the balls to drive to from the east side of town.

Are you riding a horse?

I just hate the rat run on Punt Rd/Olympic Boulevard/City Rd.

I used to drive or ride the bike past there every morning when I first started work at the Dockyard down that way. Not so hard to get to.

eh when you’re driving with intent, balls don’t hurt

1 Like

Would love to visit in person however it’s quite the trip from up here in NQ.
Will definitely have a yarn to him though. Thanks again gents.

2 Likes

I live 1hr drive away, and have not been there…Every time i want to visit he is not at the shed. But i do see him at club shoots…

1 Like

His website says by appointment only from memory.

Yes try getting that appointment…He is a plumber also…

Update………
The 310 is in with a smith getting a brand spanking new barrel screwed in, and I have ordered a new front wood for it. Starting to get excited.

1 Like

Allen.Swan ?

No mate, an original still in the grease.

4 Likes