Melbourne shootings

…at a rate of one per week or seems.

WTF is going on here?! Everyone has gone mad!

Cities are f@#$%^&, where I live every second house (At least) has a gun and no-one ever gets shot!
Move to the country mate!

1 Like

No, thank you :slight_smile:

Agree, just about everyone owns a gun here. There is no crime. The only things that get shot are deer and wild dogs. There is no traffic to deal with and no traffic lights. Just awesome views and two trout-laden rivers nearby.

1 Like

I wouldn’t go that far. Country has some of the biggest drug and gang issues out there. And crime needs to be reported, I’m guessing with no cops there, a lot of it goes under reported. And don’t get me started on sex crimes, that would almost certainly not get reported in small towns. So get off your high horse and take your rose coloured glasses off.

There is a police station. All the police officers hunt. There are no drug or gang issues. You ought to get out of the city and see the real world, a normal world. And not be cooped up inside fences and protected by alarms.

I have seen the world, gramps. LOL and I have to have an alarm :wink:

As for no drugs, you’re completely wrong. Perhaps you’re of an age where you don’t see it or spot it or know how to spot it. I assure you however, country towns, regardless of where they are have a huge drug subculture. Please don’t argue with me about things you don’t know.

Anyway, back to Melbourne. What the actual fuck.

Well come up here and have a look. It’s only a 5 hour drive from Melbourne. And bring a rifle.

1. I don’t see how owning a gun would in any way prevent this (news article).
  2. I’m around your end at least a couple of weeks a year (gave it a miss this year though, wife wanted something more tropical this year)
  3. May take you up on the offer, but no handsy hanky panky!

Yeah I have to admit drugs like ice are a huge problem in rural areas, as are traffic related offences and stuff, but violent crime is very low thankfully.

For most part, @GUN-DMC.

Melbourne has areas that you’d avoid. They are well known and over publicised. That’s the whole gang thing.

This was a level up however. That’s a very popular area 24/7, to go out. Occasional fight, but all in all just drunk teens partying through the night. Nothing special and far from bad area. This drive by at a night club, this just tipped it over into some crazy USA style madness.

2 Likes

The bad areas of any city are easy to see, they are normally within a 30km radius of the city centre.
As @GUN-DMC said bad drugs like ice etc are bad in rural/small towns and in some places over here have almost killed the towns off. Sex offences and gambling would be tied for second place.
These are worse in mining towns.

With the original post, I think that the gang related issues that other countries have are slowly being introduced here. Some I think are trying to follow the USA and others are from immigrants continuing what was happening in their country.

I thought that too, at face value. Digging deeper, it doesn’t look like that, because they are typically born in Australia.

1 Like

30 km radius of the city center? That’s nearly all of Melbourne Metropolitan area.

Prahan and the South Yarra area is fairly affluent now though, it’s definitely where a lot of cashed up young adults like to go, especially Chapel Street.

Honestly, I think it’s just a cycle, Melbourne has a long history with organised crime. 90s and early 2000s was all about Mokbel and the Moran family.

1 Like

Don’t think it’s a cycle. In all honesty, this sounds like bunch of fully sick bros either got kicked out or turned away, so they came back and shot up the place.

If that’s the case, that’s a whole new ball game.

That’s possible, but wasn’t there a bunch of shootings in March that were gang related? Might be a continuation.

I bet Channel 9 is salivating over this though - chance to make a new Underbelly.

Either way it’s not good for us shooters when these dipsticks use a gun of any sort in their efforts to be tough/cool or whatever they are trying to prove.

What happened to the good old days where you just had a punch up and there were no knives or guns anywhere?

1 Like

…or just don’t be a c**t attitude.

2 Likes

Funny that’s what I try to avoid, lol.