Is there much interest in milsurps anymore

Being in Russia, they won’t go to America. Canada… maybe some select bits. Australia…pfffft. Europe, Fk knows, their laws are weird around guns and imports. Seems like if you have enough cash and connections you can make stuff happen in certain parts of Europe, regarding legal firearm ownership.

1 Like

None of them will be coming to Australia; we’ve got an import ebargo on weapons from Russia due to that little adventure in the Crimea. Same reason there’s no Baikal stuff on the market here anymore either.

So sad :sleepy:

Wondering the price of SMLEs has peaked. Seen a few around lately for $800 or less. This one has been up for a bit and not sold. https://ssaagunsales.com/listing/25614

Sounds like a bitsa… Replaced parts,

True, but at that low a price I still wouldn’t have thought it would have lasted this long.

I’m surprised it’s still there too. It’s a very fair and reasonable price IMO - about what an SMLE is actually worth.

And another.

2 Likes

4 Likes

i am trying to find a Swedish 6.5x55 m96-m38 for a reasonable price but every one is way to high for the average person

1 Like

What’s reasonable to you?

1 Like

Yep there is here…i would sell my M96 for about $2000…

I just sold mine on friday for $450 . Shame you didnt post this a week ago

@MaxJon - stop scaring people.

Not sure about 96, I’d pay a lot less for that than 38 and a 38 at most, in VERY mint condition $1100 now. That I would consider reasonable now. Maybe something like $1k - $1,100. Anything else is fuds trying their luck. Make an offer around $900 and see what sticks. Of course that all depends on your idea of reasonable, @747IAC

1 Like

i know what you mean i have been looking for awhile but am in no rush as i do not want one that has been drilled and tapped or sporterised just have to wait huh cheers

a reasonable rifle is not molestered or drilled and taped i love milsurp rifles i was offered a carcano but hey i want a m38/96 first i also wamt an english lee enfield but i wait

well i hope the new owner loves it and uses it with respect they shoot flat and are so much easier to take in recoil if you hear or see another just let me know i also have been watching the auctions

1 Like

The reason i said $2k for mine is, its not for sale haha…mine is a 1944 Husqvarna, with Soderin peep sight from factory. Its one of 18000 made for civilian target shooting. FAS Rifle, they call it, i cant even remember what that stands for…

Yeah i hate when people try and ask premium money, for tapped actions! Drops the true value below half i think.

I know… :laughing: It’s one of those, I’d sell it so I can afford another one lol