Is there much interest in milsurps anymore

Paddle faster, I can still hear TECHNO MUSIC playing…

1 Like

Oh yerrr I have K31 :slight_smile:

How much Adidas do you own? :wink:

1 Like

Any of these things floating around in Australia?

I’m sure there was a more appropriate thread for this vid but i couldn’t find it…

A few.

The “best” @660 yards…very subjective opinions on that.
Swiss rifles certainly are accurate, my Swedish Mausers, M39 and P14 keep up easily.
I would argue that the K31 is easily the “best” Swiss rifle. It was never truly tested in battle though.

1 Like

Extraordinarily biased review but still an interesting rifle.

I’ve seen a few available online here and there, but they aren’t cheap.

1 Like

Yeah, they have seen big price increases. I haven’t fondled a 1911 or any other Schmidt Rubin of that era, only the later K31 Swiss, which I am dearly interested in owning again, but not at the prices they are asking these days.

There was a big batch of unissued K31 contract rifles, Czeck or Bulgarian or something that ended up for sale in the USA for $400 each, all snavelled up rather quickly. Would love to have a couple of those. One to shoot and one to preserve.

I’m interested to see if the price of milsurps drops at all if we go into a full recession due to Covid. Less demand due to people not having the money to buy would indicate that they might fall.

Probably more supply as well if people are looking to liquidate if they need some cash in hand quickly.

Some Might be willing to trade shit paper for Milsurps if it keeps going

I’m going to say it. Covid is driving up the price of Milsurps.
Cruising my usual gun pages and Holy Cow!.
Even adjusting for a bit of inflation , people are asking serious money for Milsurps at the moment and they are selling.
I’m certainly glad I managed to get a few harder to get ones.
K31’s $2.5k+
M48 $2k
All decent .303’s $900+
I wonder if some of those early super withdrawals are being “invested”.

1 Like

I have noticed that too. K98k s even more than usual.

I think the price of 303s has dropped on average. I’m seeing way more SMLEs for $800ish than before.

Swedish Mausers are all over the place. Maybe a slight rise in Carcanos. Seem to be more K98s but all going for regular, high prices.

It’s literally just the Mausers. The SC gunshop imported a bunch and went, hey, 3k let’s do it. So that started the cycle lol. I’m with @Nomis. They certainly went up, but not that much.

K31 is just madness. (goes pets his madness)

I’m seeing a bracket jump.
Poor to fair examples now selling at good to very good prices.
Likewise for very good to excellent examples now really selling at a premium.
Swedes hovered around the $600-$700 , full length M96s now fetching good money.
P14s and M17 , good examples well over $1k. It’s good from an investment point of view. Just getting to a stage where nice examples are really pricey. Sucks when looking to buy.
Not turning into one of those "I bought my .303 from the newsagent for $2.50 and they gave me 750000 rounds with it. "
Just noticed a rash of high dollar sales.

There is definitely that.

It’s funny, our dad’s shot / hunted with milsurps because people couldn’t afford new rifles, now we buy new rifles cheaper than those same old rifles.

1 Like