Have we experienced the peak of coolness with 22s?

Personally, I think we need to stop trying to develop “It’s like an AR but…” guns and accept they’re not going to get past the appearance laws, antis, media, or fudds (who have a lot of influence on the former).

only from the receiver back though :slight_smile: I mean its a hard combo to beat. You can make it all sizes of shooters, and its all available off the shelf. If the gun were to be made here like the Covenanter was, you can put it on the shelf with wood stock as pictured. Or one of those cheap and nasty california-compliant thumbhole stocks.

Well, I am a Gen Z lol. Pretty sure that Bentaz has a dog that’s older than me.

Does anyone other than Henry make a new pump action 22LR these days? I’ve only ever seen used ones.

Spot on!!

I thought Remington did, but I wouldnt go there if I was you…

Remington field master. Nice guns but expensive for what they are.

POS on my IMHO

I’ve only shot one and handled a couple, seemed nice enough but at over $1500 no thanks

What specifically don’t you like about it?

The ones I’ve used were beautiful to shoot

I had to send a guy home from the range with a round in battery, the action wouldnt open, jammed shut! Turned me off, but may have been operator error…

1 Like

Yeah, who know… The stock standard models have a very good reputation. Not sure about newer models, but stuff from 70s and prior are apparently pretty sweet. I personally have trust issues with Remington stuff post late `60s.

1 Like

Me too!

Wow that is pretty serious. The ranges I shoot on have rules that require a special box for the gun to be placed in, in such a situation. Not that our range has one so I dont know what would happen in such a circumstance. the gun is meant to be taken to a safe place in the box and a gunsmith to rectify the problem.

We don’t have a box as such, but yes, the rifle has to be removed from SSAA property ASAP, and taken to gunsmith, it cannot be made safe.

Wait, have I understood this right? The gun was loaded in a live round, as was in ready to fire position, but the action won’t open?

This might be a really dumb question, but could you not clear the gun by firing it down range, and then try open the action later? Or was the firing mechanism locked up as well?

1 Like

Something reasonably random but not really random:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tr_d1bg7QA

It was a while ago…pretty sure it had gone off, but would not open to verify. So if you cant verify the empty chamber its deemed hot.

If we could use the recoil energy to reset the firimg pin and unlock the lugs, then the pump action part could be used to feed the bullet and close the bolt resulting in a very smooth and short stroke meaning staying on target would be quicker.