Gun adds I wish I could buy!

AIA?? Really? Agree 100% with the rest…

AIA, made of Vietnamese mystery wood. Zero aftermarket support.
Questionable accuracy.
Not terrible, bit certainly not worth the premium being asked for.

That’s a mad price. Makes you wonder what some repairs is though.

1 Like

If it’s all matching, I wouldn’t worry about repairs (if they are done properly)… Just part of the gun’s history. The “service in India” or serviced with Indian parts is interesting. Really, just call and find out, but my money is on it already been sold.

Yeah - there’s no number to call though. I’ve sent them a message in the website’s system.

Yep, I bet it’s gone, ar that price…

I bet it’s gone too, Tempestman has already bought it :wink:

4 Likes

Haha yep. Jumped on it when I saw it.

I’ve got some extra photos. Looks to be in great shape.

5 Likes

Looks good, congrats mate!!

Good stuff

Looks about right. Worth looking under the wood, to see if the barrel matches, but it does look legit in all ways, to me.

What were the repairs?

I wouldn’t worry; Ishapore refurb is quite normal on the No 5s (the Indians, Burmese and Malaysians kept using them for ages).

It looks legit from the pics you’ve posted; as long as the bolt and action match you’ve got a winner and should be very pleased with yourself!

1 Like

The barrel looks right. The bolt and receiver match.

I think the repairs were to the stock - he talked about how work was done to it.

3 Likes

Winning.

Good job, great price. I’m glad it’s going to someone who will appreciate it.

P.s
I nearly bought it myself.

This week is turning out to be a good one for Milsurps lol.

1 Like

Well while you’re on a roll you might as well just do it…Don’t be soft, you know you want them. :grin:

2 Likes

https://www.usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=179405

After playing with one, soooooo smoooooth - I want one! in 22LR though, but WMR would do. But FMD, I am not paying that money for it. Grrrr.

If you were interested, the Adelaide Gun Shop has a full length M96 for $550 and an M38 for under $400.

https://www.adelaidegunshop.com.au/second-hand-firearms/second-hand-rifles

1 Like

Must be sold, I can’t see it. Even with the changing number trick.
What is it?