Funny gun ads, for the lolz

:wink:

When I say very few, I mean very few lol There are 2, my Timberwolf and one more, out of everything I have that is second hand. Timberwolf, I certainly paid forā€¦ Still cheaper than everyone was asking, for unfired in a box.

Sick! Nik from ICE is here !!!

Some sneaky measuring cards lying around SSAA Darwin here mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love .303s but agree totally with you. They made literally 17 million of them; they are in no way rare and should not cost $1000 for a banged up example with mismatched numbers and an average bore.

The price went nuts in 2014 (coinciding with the WWI centenary), before that they were around $500 for a shootable one and you could get them even cheaper if you got lucky.

Theyā€™re so expensive now itā€™s causing real problems for the service rifle competitions because so new (younger) shooters canā€™t afford to buy a military issue SMLE - thereā€™s at least three people Iā€™ve tried to get involved in service matches, and theyā€™ve loved them, but when theyā€™ve gone to get their own gun they do some looking around then say ā€œIā€™m not spending $1000+ on an old gun and I donā€™t trust the dealer not to be selling me shitā€.

1 Like

Yeah, I wish Iā€™d got into guns when I was 18, not 29. I missed out on a heap of cheap milsurps.

I got my SMLE for $600 but that was due to someone losing their licence and needing to get rid of their guns. I just lucked out.

Tell him heā€™s dreaming!

Collectorā€™s item my arse.

1 Like

Its a collectorā€™s item because heā€™s deemed it to be one. Lol.

Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m the only single barrel shotgun collector around, so I guess heā€™s shit outa luck, lol!

2 Likes

There is absolutely no way that gun is A) a collectorā€™s item in the generally accepted sense of the term, B) accurate to 250 yards, or C) worth $1700.

100% agree with A,B & C!

Plasma rifle 40w range.

From the latest NRA mag. Amerrrrricaaaaa F****ck YEAH!

3 Likes

I wish Marlin would make some of their new .45/70 carbines with a ā€œnormalā€ loop on them, not that ridiculous big loop they all seem to have.

1 Like

Yeah, same here. I have have big and small loop lever actions and small loop is a lot nicer. I guess big loop is for gloves and what not.

Pretty sure that was the model used by Chris Pratt in the Jurassic World movie.

Oh, I thought there were T-Rexes in North America.

Looks like heā€™s trying to snap it in half, lol.

Itā€™s a Marlin, he is trying to work out which end is better to use as a club. :rofl:

5 Likes

Sporterised Swedish Mauser, double the price of an original. Good stuffā€¦

1 Like

Am I missing something or is this insane?

Was thinking the same thing