Fun 22 comps: IPSC Mini Rifle (IPSC for 22LR rifles)

It’s a lot more fun to have lots of targets per stage. It’s reasonable to have 15 targets, just the nature of the competition. 20 is that much more fun, but this is where we get into strife with people and having enough magazines. Last one we ran, it was 20 targets and two people didn’t have enough.each one of them had to have the other reloading for them as they shoot and drop mags. Although, 2 people, one is just lazy the other is a bit more complicated, don’t really make the weather, so we will most likely bump it up to up-to-20 targets per stage. For the greater good :slight_smile:

Cool, i will slap a scope on, and find another 10 shot mag

1 Like

…and do some cardio :rofl:

1 Like

I usually do 100+kms on the Mountain bike a week, so that may help.

In Lycra?

Na, work shorts 365 days a yr! Still saving up.for long pants. I

1 Like

Yeah! Another one for the repertoire.

Was wondering how to activate it with a 22… This did the trick.

4 Likes

Yes i only run if im getting chased by someone with a 12g!

1 Like

Shuffle with intent :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A red dot like the Vortex on your 515?? Would 50m stretch it? I have a Japanese Tasco 8x40…that would work maybe

I have a 1-6 Strike Eagle on 515. At 50m no magnification dot would be challenging on maybe 4 or 5 targets out of the entire comp (total: lets go with 60 shots). x6 - 1 or 2 targets is a stretch.

1 Like

So people use red dots then?

I remember one person using a red dot.

The Strike eagle looks nice…bet it works well for the comp…

I think you are taking this a bit to serious. Just slap whatever on it, you are over thinking things - this is plinking with 22s, not the Olympics. Time keeping is rough and scoring is optional. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As mentioned, there is only about 4 targets you would struggle with beyond x4 mag.
The nature of the comp, being a mix of both speed and precision will require at least some sort of magnification to be competitive. A red dot would suffice for around 40-50 out of 60.
Depending on your skills with a red dot you may get more. Most targets on the KYL rack would be very challenging though.

The Strike Eagle, I got mine after a lot of research and is easily the most cost effective LPVO on the market.

The 1-6 is generally regarded as better over the 1-8 version because the 1-8 sacrifices clarity for that bit of extra mag.

Great scope, a degree of compromise for shooting tiny groups but trades that for great speed of acquisition and being essentially a red dot on x1. The illuminated reticle is a nice touch and adds to the use as a red dot.

1 Like

Yeah i would be using what i have on hand…

1 Like

Little sneak preview of one of the stages:

2 Likes

Hopefully won’t get rained out.

So pretty soggy day, had to soak guns in lube after getting wet, but a pretty big turnout and a reasonably sophisticated course. I recon, best comp to date. Overall lever release guns did dominate on this course of fire. Would have been a perfect day if it didn’t rain and that @Supaduke a-hole wasn’t around.

I will let him have his say now.

2 Likes