Fun 22 comps: IPSC Mini Rifle (IPSC for 22LR rifles)

Somebody won and it wasn’t @juststarting , Oh that’s right, IT WAS ME!.

Yes , I won the day’s event. CZ515 performed very well. I built it up as a gamer gun and it gamed it’s way through very nicely.

My third try at the event. First two times I did the event with bolt guns, mainly so I could have a frame of reference to compare the lever release vs a standard type bolt action.

Practical accuracy there is little difference. Speed however , the bolt actions just can’t keep up with the lever release, no way, no how.

Being score based , time is only a par system and bolt guns can certainly still win.

Also the comp is split into divisions so you can see how you stack up against similar rifle actions.

The important thing here is not that I won, it’s that I beat @juststarting .

2 Likes

Blatant lie!

But…

cwclp
…deceive win by 4 targets no less.

I could have “managed the situation”, but there were witnesses!

1 Like

Was there a KYL this time around? The 515 is great, but I didn’t think it was that accurate - though I’m probably a shit shot as well.

Yes the KYL was used but this time shooting through a ladder not from a bench. I got 4 targets. From a bench I think I could get 6 of 8, last couple would be tricky with the scope I have. With higher mag, hard to say.

…because. :slight_smile:

Now that is (tacti)cool!

1 Like

When is the next shoot? MISC?

It’s held at OPC.
Range fee for non-members is $20.
Next comp is held on: Sunday, 23 October 2022.

1 Like

Oakleigh pistol club?

Sorry. Yes, correct.
Big one, we’ve updated the course of fire. Up to 20 shots per stage, did I already say that? Anyway, need 20 rounds worth of magazines. 2x10 or whatever. Personally, I miss a lot so I have 4x15 on all stages. Just in case :slight_smile:

I’m like yeah, I’m sick. 70-something yo fella who shoots with us: yeah, nah, you’re not the only one. When I grow up I want to be like that lol. Granted his are not as awesome as my too cool for tacticool, but it is evolving. Adding equipment as needed. Mag pouches for rapid reloads and people are learning to optimise time when reloading, ie reload when moving, rather than wasting time letting the gun run dry.

@sungazer @Supaduke @Tempestman be cool to hold an annual day long event and utilise the entire range. Something to ponder.

3 Likes

I already have another attachment inbound for the gamer gun. Pouches are somewhere on a boat

1 Like

I know (those who know, know) that everyone looooves the sling stage/position, he said sadistically with a healthy dose of sarcasm. Well… I have updated the sling (yay for hard rubbish day). It is now more complicated :slight_smile: That is all.

2:1 c*nt. That is all. :fu::hugs:

…and @Tempestman showed above average abilities today :slight_smile:

I think today’s course of fire was a perfect mix of fun and sadism. I think I’ll keep this template for next month (specifically stage 3).

The sun was in my eyes….

Easy to confuse, but infact that was my left nut.

Sooo left nut is huge, yellow, and on fire? I met that same girl 20 years ago, you best head on down the clinic :rofl:

Don’t be like that, there’s the right one if you feel left out :slight_smile: