Fun 22 comps: IPSC Mini Rifle (IPSC for 22LR rifles)

Thanks for organising everything; was great fun.

It’s amazing to see how much the course of fire has changed and improved since the last time I came.
The swinging targets were great.

Footage from the comp by one of the shooters.

1 Like

More like 3 gun. You need shottys and handguns.

Shotties are a bit hard on that range. Baby pews - it’s going to happen. Shotgun ipsc that happens two walls to the left already incorporated it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just don’t know how @Supaduke will go with multi discipline shooting in one competition, because he couldn’t even outdo me in one discipline with his fancy CZ and I was running a bolt action for this one. I am not sure if I mentioned it. Yeah, well, in case I didn’t, he lost :slight_smile: Demanded that everyone undergoes steroids testing and everything. Big drama, lots of tears. Had to take him out for some burgers and chicken wings to calm him down. Used up all my tissues too.

Spewing I missed it Have been really enjoying the comps to date. seems @Tempestman and myself are avoiding each other hopefully we will meet on the range in the near future again.

Yeah, I hadn’t been to one since June before Sunday. Had holidays and exams to contend with.

I’ve cleared my schedule for early November though, so I’ll see you then.

Well, another comp down.

Pretty good turnout… Master @Tempestman made an appearance and @Supaduke. @sungazer decided he needed rest :slight_smile:

I swapped things around a little. Main change being scoring system, going to proper comstock scoring, essentially transitioning to proper IPSC Mini Rifle rules (22 LR rifle IPSC).

Not a big deal, but just want to let everyone know that @Supaduke did pretty bad :slight_smile: What a shitc*nt. But like boss he had a nap (I am not making this up) at the back of the range and announced that we will be going for chicken wings after. To be fair, scoring system emhasises speed and accuracy, not one or the other. And he was runnign a bolt action, while I had 515, so different divisions, but… :fu:

I will be setting up a club YouTube channel, so I will post some videos here when I am done. I think I got the layout and building stages down pretty well.

Side note:
What I find funny is how dressed up and tactical so many guns are online. And how minimal and lean guns are for people competing. Turn the clock on and you quickly learn what you absolutely need and what you don’t.

5 Likes

What did the 3rd stage look like? Sad that I had to leave early for badminton.

Table - 4 gongs, pick a leg and use it as support. Straight forward. But not quite if you are used to bench shooting with rear bags.

The tyre is literally a tyre, suspended from a beam with one cable (seat belt). Rifle must be resting in and on the tyre. It is soul crushing hard.

KYL rack to the right must be engaged from min. 2 positions using barrels. After first hit, you have 8 shots, if you miss, you move on (actual KYL rules are, you lose previous KYL points if you miss, so you have to know when to stop). Which seems ok, but after you’ve done with positional acrobatics and the tyre it gets a bit hard, especially without rear bag and largest target being about 40mm, smallest is about the width of a 22 bullet.

The very last one is a small gong that needs to be hit 3 times. It’s hanging on a very long cable, so once you hit it, it will start swinging and that’s when it gets a tad harder.

5 Likes

I’m still convinced Countfuddula cheats.
Rifle comps are very good at highlighting how shite you are at certain things. As mentioned, it very quickly weeds out useless gadgets and add ons.

3 Likes

Any dates for next shoot?

22 oct. 9:30am

1 Like